• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,230 posts in this topic

Just came in today. Nicest copy I have seen. Very excited to own this.

Very Nice :applause: Saw that one on e-bay. What do you think it would grade out as?

It is tough because of the dust shadows. Those are the main flaws of the book. I've owned and seen books with similar shadows as cgc 8.0 and higher. This one is structurally superior to the RHK 27 I had (and regret selling lol). As of now I would guess a 8.0-8.5 If I sent it off to be dry cleaned to help with the dust shadows and with a press a 9.0-9.2

Very Nice :applause: Saw that one on e-bay. What do you think it would grade out as?

It is tough because of the dust shadows. Those are the main flaws of the book. I've owned and seen books with similar shadows as cgc 8.0 and higher. This one is structurally superior to the RHK 27 I had (and regret selling lol). As of now I would guess a 8.0-8.5 If I sent it off to be dry cleaned to help with the dust shadows and with a press a 9.0-9.2

Wow!!! CGC tops is an 8.0. It will be a long time until one that nice comes around again. A very nice and very, very hard book to locate in higher grade. Congrats again........... :headbang:

Wow!!! CGC tops is an 8.0. It will be a long time until one that nice comes around again. A very nice and very, very hard book to locate in higher grade. Congrats again........... :headbang:

I also saw that on eBay....great pickup!

Maybe I'm a bit aggressive on my copy's grade... What is wrong with your copy? Am I missing something? Looks a heck of a lot better than a 6.0. Its a sweet looking book.

Brian -

If I had a dollar for everytime I thought the same thing I'd be a rich man. I totally have plans to do just that. One of the reasons I didn't go after the one on e-bay.

I actually purchased this copy from Metro in 2004 and it was listed as a 8.5. We all know Metro can be a little off, but 2.5 points off?

A brighter scan would show even more how good it actually looks.

Well, that's it, you've confirmed it.

I'm cracking, pressing, and re-submitting..........................