• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,230 posts in this topic

Hard to measure up to your collection.

This just came in the mail today.

scan0004_zps6d03c88f.jpg

Actually that is a very nice #87. Which is also a very tough one to find in any sort of higher grade. Here's mine for comparison:

kidcolt87cgc85_zps4e30601d.jpg

Thanks for all of the great comments. It's taken me many moons and tireless searching to find alot of these.

Here are my two favorites.

The KC #1 is a flat out impossible book to find in grade. In fact the only one that I had ever even heard about was the Mile High copy. At least that is what I had gathered from the Mile High records and the Gerber Photo Journals (the Gerber Kid Colt #1 is the Mile High copy). I was finally lucky enough to locate it and purchase it in 2011. I had searched for it for 30 years (since I was 12).

kidcolt1cgc85_zps1f4aafb7.jpg

The KC #2 is probably my best example as far as grade. It is an incredibly preserved Vancouver copy. Super White pages and great color and gloss. Crazy rare for a 65 year old comic. It was recently tied on the census (9.6) by another #2 (the Mile High copy). I had the chance to purchase the MH as well but passed. Wish I would have boughten it.

kidcolt2cgc96_zpsc9653719.jpg

Edited by HemiGTX

Thanks for all of the great comments. It's taken me many moons and tireless searching to find alot of these.

Here are my two favorites.

The KC #1 is a flat out impossible book to find in grade. In fact the only one that I had ever even heard about was the Mile High copy. At least that is what I had gathered from the Mile High records and the Gerber Photo Journals (the Gerber Kid Colt #1 is the Mile High copy). I was finally lucky enough to locate it and purchase it in 2011. I had searched for it for 30 years (since I was 12).

kidcolt1cgc85_zps1f4aafb7.jpg

The KC #2 is probably my best example as far as grade. It is an incredibly preserved Vancouver copy. Super White pages and great color and gloss. Crazy rare for a 65 year old comic. It was recently tied on the census (9.6) by another #2 (the Mile High copy). I had the chance to purchase the MH as well but passed. Wish I would have boughten it.

kidcolt2cgc96_zpsc9653719.jpg

Wow. Those books are sick. I really wanna knock out the Kid Colt #1. It's very high on my want list. But I will never have a copy as nice as that.

Hard to measure up to your collection.

This just came in the mail today.

scan0004_zps6d03c88f.jpg

Don't sell yourself short, you have a serious silver age western collection, I would like to branch out into them too, but to many bronze books on my wants list, but if I ever see a Two gun kid # 75 in top shape, I am buying it, I love that cover. :cloud9:

Hi

Just discovered this thread, Some lovely books and coincides with me picking up some in amongst a miscellaneous lot. I love the Kirby cover and hooked to get some more nice ones. Thanks for intoducing me to these. Mikey

photo90_zps693fa9d5.jpg[/img]

photo89_zpsf43f12d3.jpg[/img]

photo88_zpsaac0c00e.jpg[/img]

Hey, Mikey! I like it! Seriously, you found some of the more sought after books.

And BAF, that's a nice upgrade.

So...what becomes of the undercopy?

Still an under copy. It's about a good. I don't sell anything. lol. Why you need one?