• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

Some terrific covers. :headbang:

+1

Doc Love don't stock no junk :headbang: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.... If I recall, one of those Atlas' have my favorite Atlas Williamson story "Ghost Town".........................GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

No problem Rodan. I'm from New York originally, you'd have to ask how much I paid for my sofa and how many times I make love to my wife per week to be considered somewhat intrusive. My go to scanner is an older Epson Perfection 1200U - letter size. I have to bust out the legal HP7400 to get the full slab. I usually don't bother unless it's a sales situation.

I thought it presented nicely for an 8.0, with the kind of defects I can live with - some paper loss right on the spine edge, some light transfer on the bc plus some kind of other ink pickup. No horizontal cb spine ticks, which is kinda uncommon for this grade.

RawhideKid47f1_zpsmkey7wks.jpg

RawhideKid47b_zps58ky65gw.jpg

I think your book presents well. If you had told me it was a 9.0, I wouldn't have blinked.

I crack out all my slabs and collect images of graded books to hone my grading skills. When I apply the results of this, my assessments are often conflicted due to a perceived variance in CGCs grading.*

Given how Westerns were not kept or collected the way that superhero titles were and higher grades are significantly fewer in number, your Rawhide Kid was well bought -- and, I am sure, a credit to the collection.

*I was going to post some examples of the range of my cracked 8.0s but I don't think anyone would seek to debunk my conclusion and, frankly, as a Western fan, I don't want to derail this thread.