• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here is how I have collected my original art.

14 posts in this topic

I never wear them, they hang on my wall till they are replaced by the next one.

The biggest comment I get from artists is that its harder to write their signatures that it is to draw the sketch.

What a cool idea although it must be tough for the artists to draw on a shirt you're wearing.

If you think was tough you should have seen the reaction when he asked them to draw on the boxers he was wearing.

What a cool idea although it must be tough for the artists to draw on a shirt you're wearing.

If you think was tough you should have seen the reaction when he asked them to draw on the boxers he was wearing.

That would explain the shaped Green Lantern.

Very nice. The colors look like they are holding up as some markers do fade or bleed over time. Even sharpies.

Anyone ever turn down your request?

I recall seeing a SDCC T-shirt at my LCS where Jim Lee drew a huge Wolverine on the reverse. JIm did the drawing sometime in the 1990's. The guy had it framed and displayed at his store. The store eventually closed which now makes me wonder what happened to the t-shirt? hm

Cheers!

N

I have never paid for any art on the shirt. This year as I approached Joe Kubert, his handler quickly told me he wasn’t doing any art at the show. I said that was fine but could he sign the shirt instead? Joe spoke up and said sure he would. After signing it, he looked at the shirt, then me and said hold on…. Then he put the Sgt. Rock on it. I have other artists ask me the rest of the weekend how I got him to do it. I was great!! After the show I put together a power point of the shirt, here is the page for Joe Kubert.

80447.jpg.437a3c824bbd967c35157c2d8e4f4352.jpg