• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: My art list ... take a look

16 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm new to the board, so I figured I would throw my WANT list out there for original comic art and see if anyone has anything for sale. Take a look.

THE TICK - Ben Edlund

THE RAY - Joe Quesada or Howard Porter (prefer a cover, will consider others)

MOON KNIGHT - Finch, Deodato, Platt or Texiera

GREEN HORNET - Painted covers from NOW comics

DARK SHADOWS - Painted Covers

THE SPECTRE - Tom Mandrake (prefer a cover, will consider others)

THE MAXX - Sam Kieth (I know almost nothing is out there but it can't hurt to ask!)

HELLSHOCK - Jae Lee (I know almost nothing is out there but it can't hurt to ask!)

Anything reasonably priced from Dave Stevens of Rocketeer fame

Any reasonably priced horror covers from Luis Dominguez, like Witching Hour etc

DEFIANT COMICS - Any covers from DARK DOMINION

VALIANT COMICS

Any pages from Unity. Any early pages from pre-unity, any titles.

Any Joe Quesada and Bart Sears art from the Valiant days.

I am also on the look out for any pulp art, paperback cover art, men's adventure magazine art etc.

Thanks everyone! Email me if you have anything for sale or trade.

storm02@sprynet.com

Nice wish list...

Ben Edlund Tick art is near impossible to find. I think he let go art from issue #2 and that is about it. I have a nice finished drawing he did for Atlanta con and have seen the odd sketch here and there, but they are usually very high priced because of the scarcity.

Sam Kieth Maxx art. IMPOSSIBLE to get your hands on. I have seen maybe a sketch or two, but have NEVER SEEN a published page... and I've looked and asked around. It's simply not been made available...and if you do find some...for the love of Pete let me know...

RAY stuff I see pop up here and there. Finch MK is pretty easy to find, though the nice stuff is expensive... and I have had a PLATT MK or two pass through my hands... Again...pricey.

Mandrake covers I see pop up here and there and actually sell for pretty reasonable prices (whatever that means) and the rest I know very little about... though there is a Joe Quesada Valiant cover on ebay right now...

Thanks!

I've seen 4-5 pages of Tick art but I've always been a day late and a dollar short! Grrrrrrr

Are you the owner of the con program cover? I was the only guy who made a comment about it on comicartfans ;) Nice piece ... now sell it to me!!! :)lol

As far as Moon Knight, yeah I've seen pieces around but I'm looking for the nice stuff. There were some nice Deodato pages on EBAY a couple months ago but I completely spaced and forgot about the auction end. Missed the 2 pieces I really wanted.

I've never seen a Mandrake cover for Spectre. Thanks for the info, I'll have to look a little harder for that one. I see Catskills Comics has a few interiors. I wrote to Mandrake, but so far he says he isn't selling.

The Quesada valiant cover on ebay went for $1500 ... nice piece, but a tad over-priced me thinks. Quesada has quite a following so I suspect it's more about him than Valiant or the cover image

Hopefully, someday, Sam Kieth will release some Maxx art. Man I miss that book.

Thanks for the comment

Anyone else?

Yeah that Witching Hour # 72 cover has been around for a while with other dealers. The owner finally put it up for sale last year in Heritage where it sold for $717 INCLUDING Buyer's Premium. Doesn't interest me. Heritage has had some nice Dominguez horror covers in the past in the $500-$700 range so maybe I'll find one there eventually.

Last year I inquired with Frank Giella about one particular cover he had an he wasn't interested in selling. His entire CAF gallery of Dominguez stuff has an NFS next to it, except for 1 non-horror piece.

I saw a fantastic Dominguez at the Windy City Pulp Convention of all places, in the $1100 range, but I lost the guys number and I can't remember who he was .... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

NelsonAl - There actually have been at least 5 pages from the Tick up for sale in the past year, but the ones I wanted, I missed out on of course.

Maybe something will show up at Comic-Con.

Thanks guys.

I got a Tick page! Woooooooooooooo. So excited!

The Tick: Special Edition # 2, page 8 by Ben Edlund. I also ran into Ben at Comic-Con and got him to sign it and do a little sketch. Keen! I wouldn't mind picking up some more Tick art so if anyone has anything, let me know. Also I would consider trading this for a different Tick page if someone had something else that interested me more.

TickSpecialEdition2art.jpg