• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey collectors Your First Ever Spidey Book

50 posts in this topic

What was your first Spider-Man book you owned . What was your first serious Spidey book you bought for Collecting

My First Spider-Man book was Amazing Spider-Man #238

The First book I bought as a serious collector was Amazing Fantasy #15

The first book I bought off the newstand was around 270. I remember going to a comic shop (late 80's) across the river in Detroit and picking up about 10 low grade Ditko/Romita books. That's when the obsession with collecting the entire run started!

The first Spider-Man book I ever owned was Amazing #151, bought for me by my parents. I still have the book today, beaten and worn from numerous readings as it was (though I did add a better copy later on).

The first major book I bought (once I decided to try and put the run together) was my Amazing #5, some 15 years ago, I think it's been. It was the first book I ever spent $100 or more on, which at the time, was a huge deal for me.

Of course, one of the few Spideys I'm missing is the AF #15. When the day comes I finally get one (I passed on a low-grade one about the same time as I bought the #5, much to my regret), I have a feeling I'm going to have that "sticker-shock" feeling again.

the first one I bought off the stands was # 100 - I was hooked for years after that :cloud9:

My first was Amazing Spider-Man #24. Not sure what happened to it. Then I bought #26 and every ASM I saw on the stands after that, and never looked back. That is until that hack TV writer turned Gwen into a slut, never bought ASM after that. And never looked back.

My first Amazing Spider-Man bought off the stands was #181

My first serious collecting book was issue #21 from Grand Book Inc. Way back in 1979. It cost 7.00

I think the first one I got off the spinner was 260.

With the Puma on the cover?

Liked War/Ghosty books before that.( :cloud9: Weird War!)

#24 was the first I spent more than one hundred dollars

on.

124 was the first book off the stands. #100 was the first back issue I bought when I started collecting. Cost me a whopping 75 cents.

What was your first Spider-Man book you owned . What was your first serious Spidey book you bought for Collecting

My First Spider-Man book was Amazing Spider-Man #238

The First book I bought as a serious collector was Amazing Fantasy #15

Amazing Spider-Man #119

First book as serious collector was Amazing Spider-Man 100

ASM #153 was the first issue I remember owning, but my older brother had several earlier issues.

Completed the run in 1993 and have keep current since then. I remember picking up issue 129 for $3 through back issues from Maxwell Seely.

Just a guess because it was so long ago. I think it was ASM #17 I still have that coverless issue because I read it so many times. :cloud9:

And of course I finally finished a few years ago the complete run incuding a restored AF #15 :applause:

Of course I always have that dream of picking up the ASM #1 might have done that but can't remember.

WEBHEAD