• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Spiderman 133 ***spoilers***

46 posts in this topic

One word to sum it up.

Disappointed

Why charge $3.99 for a book, with no story? Even the art was sub par at best. I just cannot believe Marvel would release this book, this poorly done, for that high a price.

I am sure some may like the "silent" issue, but for me, not so much.

Marvel increases the price knowing that despite driving away 25% of their readers, they'll still make a bigger profit on each book.

Story, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with price.

They've had mediocre (at best) stories since $1.25 and still they keep raising the prices anyway.

I have only read a few here and there so when I got this book today I was pretty lost to whats going on and it being a silent issue made it even harder. Still though when it comes to being a silent issue I don't totally mind.

80636.jpg.d9b7a6a0e0cd6765eec6329db1f77269.jpg

They just show his mask floating in the water in which it is returned to Mary Jane. I heard from an other source that other then just working on the timeline they are killing off a bunch of people in the Ultimate Universe since they want less heroes and such in the series. This ending gave the ability if they ever want to bring him back they can.

If it doesn't pick up a bit I might have to drop this title.

Hahahaha Marvel don't need you, and you cannot drop this title, marvel decided to drop you.

You are correct. Marvel does not need me. They have way too many followers of a sub par brand. Marvel can afford to "drop me". They FAIL miserably with Joe Q at the helm.

Wow! They're ending the Ultimate Spider-Man title? I've been collecting this series in trade paperback format, and it's probably one of the few moderns I've really enjoyed :( I'm kinda bummed out now...

Wow! They're ending the Ultimate Spider-Man title? I've been collecting this series in trade paperback format, and it's probably one of the few moderns I've really enjoyed :( I'm kinda bummed out now...

I wanted a Ultimate Moon Knight comic since the character was done well in the Ultimate Spider-Man series. Makes me wonder if that is going to happen.

He was an interesting one to say the least though I wasn't as happy with their depiction of Ultimate Iron Fist. I wouldn't have normally cared much as he was always a B grade character, but after being exposed to the Immortal Ironfist storyline by Brubaker and Aja, I'm a much bigger fan of the character. Oh well.

Still, just disappointed they're axing this series.

If it does'nt pick up a bit I might have to drop this title.

:signfunny:

(shrug)

It's funny because you're talking about dropping the title when Marvel has already ended the series. :)

I think most people expect the title to go on or restart when the New Ultimate Universe starts.

I mean, how can you have a Marvel Universe without a Spiderman?