• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

What's the chance for strong aftermarket sales on Chew #1 second print??? IOW, should I go out and buy a few on Wednesday and expect to make a profit by re-selling them?

-slym

There were significantly less printed than the 1st print #1, so if I had a chance, I'd grab a few.

so I for one really enjoy this book, and seeing as the first arc is five issues long, how long do you think this book will go on for? I for one would like to see it go on for a good while. I think they have some fun characters and a great original idea that they can really expand upon.

Also, is this going to be sort of like Locke and key where they do six or so issues then there is a brel until the next arc, or will this always be a monthly?

I managed to get the last #2 at my local store. I noticed that when I first picked it up it was nice and flat but after reading it the pages seperated and the whole book puffed up. Note to anyone who wants to send it in for grading, don't open the pages, else you'll end up with a puffy book which won't sit flat anymore.

I managed to pick up the last copy of #2 from my LCS, and it's nice and flat even after I've read it. I do have 5 more copies of #2 coming my way so hopefully there'll be a 9.8 contender in there somewhere.

Both my copies of #1 first print are going for grading too. So here's hoping! :wishluck:

Also Chew 2nd print was a lower run. So expect it to go even higher than issue 1.

Not a chance.

They're doing a third print of Chew #1 - if that sells out, they'll do a fourth (and a fifth, etc). It's no different than the ASM #583 Obama variant. The #1 1st print is the only one that's going to retain any sort of value.

And the jury's still out on that one - like someone else said, it could be the next Walking Dead, yeah, but it could just as easily be this year's Locke & Key.

Well look at Batman 608 and 612. The second print went higher than the 1st print. Yes they didn't do a third/fourth print. But the first print was something like 20,000 copies.

Also Chew 2nd print was a lower run. So expect it to go even higher than issue 1.

Not a chance.

They're doing a third print of Chew #1 - if that sells out, they'll do a fourth (and a fifth, etc). It's no different than the ASM #583 Obama variant. The #1 1st print is the only one that's going to retain any sort of value.

And the jury's still out on that one - like someone else said, it could be the next Walking Dead, yeah, but it could just as easily be this year's Locke & Key.

I think that this book being the next Fell is more likely than the next The Walking Dead. Fell went into at least 4 printings on issue 1 and extra printings for the first several issues. They were going for good money a while ago, but I was able to pick up a full run of 1st prints on ebay for $15 shipped not long ago.