• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

Chew news:

John Layman gave "Chew" fans some great information to, well....swallow. The audience got to see the cover to issue #15, a trifold image based on Da Vinci's "The Last Supper" featuring every character from the series. Two of the characters on the cover will be new to readers since they're being introduced within the issue. Layman also shared that issue #27 is going to be released in between #18-19, explaining that while "it will seamlessly fit in" with the narrative arc of the book, it won't actually be collected in the trade in that order. Also? It's going to involve psychedelic frogs.

Link: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/07/24/the-image-comics-show-report/

if anyone can pull off a narrative jump like that, it will be john layman. he has done some pretty clever narrative tricks so far to good effect.

for example, the way page 18 is the 1st page in issue 12, awesome use of foreshadowing....

Hey guys!

My turn to need some advice. I'm really digging Chew and I'm thinking of building a solid collection of every single issue and cover. Do you think I should and hold back on buying other stuff? It could be a long term venture ): Oh hey Jeff (Branget)! Sorry I haven't got back to you. Been busy and my wallet's been on bad terms with me :cry:

Hey guys!

My turn to need some advice. I'm really digging Chew and I'm thinking of building a solid collection of every single issue and cover. Do you think I should and hold back on buying other stuff? It could be a long term venture ): Oh hey Jeff (Branget)! Sorry I haven't got back to you. Been busy and my wallet's been on bad terms with me :cry:

What other stuff would you be buying if you didn't concentrate on starting a Chew collection?

Hey guys!

What other stuff would you be buying if you didn't concentrate on starting a Chew collection?

My pull-list nowadays are ASM, Ult Comic SM, Wlt Comic Avengers, most of the new avengers titles. A big part of my money goes to buying back issues for ASM and buying more variants for my favourite titles, such as ultimate spiderman vol #1 variants etc. Trying to upgrade my issue 1s to 9.8 and higher..

I finally caught up to Issue #12 and I have one problem...I can't decide what is better Layman's writing or Rob's art...but I guess that is a good thing. :cloud9:

Also looking for a sold page of OA from Issue #8...if any one can help please PM me :wishluck:

I finally read the first two arcs, somewhat expecting to be disappointed, especially from both the hype, and the fact the it seems this book was written directly to appeal to me, which is almost always a let down in reality. I was not at all disappointed. I freaking loved it. Great book, great presentation in the hardcover ($23 on amazon currently), great everything. I'm glad I already have most of the scarce stuff for it because I think I'm going to have to go completist on this one.