• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

I should take some pics and post on CAF. it's been on my to-do list for awhile.

Don't know why guys like you and DRE, etc dont have ballin' websites. If I moved as many books as you, i'd have made my own site long ago and told ebay to take their 10% in fees, "and shovel it" (to quote Sandra Bullock in Demolition Man).

Well, you can get everything open source nowadays, so the only cost is a little time and the hosting. But yah, poorly done personal websites are awful, that being said, not hard to install a CMS with a free theme, slap in uebercart, and off to the races with something decent, fully in your control, and modern looking.

Edited by CBT

And unable to compete with a sales force like eBay unless I spend quite a bit of time. Time being a key factor here.

valid point, but the reason i said , "guys like you and DRE" is because you have such a large following "off" ebay, you could definitely sell your high end items off ebay no problem.

9.9s, WD/Chew/YTLM #1s and Key Issues, Original Art, etc.

The rest of it, things that dont auto-sell themselves, I agree, you want the reach of ebay to maximize bids and competition.

Well since I pay eBay 8% and not 10% the $44 goes to me. :)

I say 10% because paypal pushes that 8 past 10, you dont keep it. But yah, likely you'd need to keep paypal for a personal site, so i should say 8 and not pad my argument :)