• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. No harm no foul.

Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion. There are reactions to every action so your no harm- no foul doesn't really work.

I would have felt better including the ever popular disclaimer IMHO in my prior post, but it felt redundant.

That said, I agree that there are potential reactions. In this particular case however, what harm could come from one individual's views?

Except people have been waiting for Chew prices to fall ever since the value of the #1 issue skyrocketed immediately after release. Who's to say the back issues won't continue to increase in price while the series is ongoing?

Chew maintained its value over four years and FANS still aren't hesitating to pay a premium even after the Showtime deal fell through. (fans, not speculators because a speculator wouldn't pay $300-400 for a raw copy of #1 after that twitter announcement)

Prices of Saga #1 are three digits and there's no TV show speculation there. The price is based on the love for the series. And there are 37k copies of Saga #1 compared to the 5k for Chew (which doesn't even have a true variant to compete against). Is it really that unreasonable to think Chew maintains its value for at least another couple years?

I don't have many extra copies of Chew beyond my personal set (which I don't ever plan on selling) so I could really care less what happens with its price. But it irks me a bit that some are so adamant on declaring the doom of Chew.

I need to find out where that double page splash of Poyo went a couple months ago...I forgot maybe issue 26-27 ?..when he is fighting the monster

:sorry:

It was given to someone connected with the TV Show. I was next in line if he passed. I had you in mind at the time. $800 I believe.

Only OA Cover I have is the first tpb.

I bought the last TPB and the 3rd Omnivore cover. How did you end up with the 1st TPB.

I was one of the few people who bought into this comic from the start. When they did their first San Diego Comic Con I bugged them so much. Each day i would stop buy and buy their first prints of #1 off them. They even heard I was the crazy guy who bought a copy for 35 bucks on the floor. I ended up with about 10 #1 first prints that weekend. The best deal was I traded John Layman a fire truck Mater exclusive for 2 copies of chew #1. Rob would not sell me the #1 first cover but promised me the 1st trade paper back cover.

Only OA Cover I have is the first tpb.

I bought the last TPB and the 3rd Omnivore cover. How did you end up with the 1st TPB.

I was one of the few people who bought into this comic from the start. When they did their first San Diego Comic Con I bugged them so much. Each day i would stop buy and buy their first prints of #1 off them. They even heard I was the crazy guy who bought a copy for 35 bucks on the floor. I ended up with about 10 #1 first prints that weekend. The best deal was I traded John Layman a fire truck Mater exclusive for 2 copies of chew #1. Rob would not sell me the #1 first cover but promised me the 1st trade paper back cover.

:golfclap: