• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

I'd say Rob's art get's better as the series goes on but after you read the book you'll find that it fits the work perfectly. He put's a lot of love into each panel often hiding little notes and things and funny stuff happening the background. I usually spend a good extra minute on every page looking for all the small gags. As the series goes on it just get's more twisted/funny.

If you want to check it out, it's all on sale on comixology this week. So you can try it out on the cheap :shy: First issue is even free!

https://www.comixology.com/Chew-Revival-Sale/page/1999

"Tony Chu is a cop with a secret. A weird secret. Tony Chu is Cibopathic, which means he gets psychic impressions from whatever he eats. It also means he's a hell of a detective, as long as he doesn't mind nibbling on the corpse of a murder victim to figure out whodunit, and why. It's a dirty job, and Tony has to eat terrible things in the name of justice. And if that wasn't bad enough, the government has figured out Tony Chu's secret. They have plans for him, whether he likes it or not. Presenting a twisted new series about cops, crooks, cooks, cannibals and clairvoyants"

Edited by Tuff Ghost

Anybody care to tell me why Chew is so good? The art isn't that impressive. Cool story?

Looking to get into a new series and this seems to be pretty popular.

I think the art is AWESOME! Guess diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, but I'm a big fan of Rob Guillory's art. I'm not caught up with the story, but Layman has an interesting, funny and all around great book with Chew. I gotta catch up...