• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Childhood Pics with Comics or Toys!

85 posts in this topic

saw some people posted childhood pics in the what do you look like thread so I thought why not an entire thread dedicated to it.

So post your pictures from from when you were little reading your fav comic or playing with your fav G.I Joe.

I'm going to my folks for dinner tonight so I'll rummage through the old albums and hopefully post some stuff tonight or tomorrow.

A little story to go along with the pic would be great too.

a>

Couldn't find any comic pics yet but found this from x-mas 1983.

I abused the hell out of that toy until I sold it to a thirty something year old man at a garage sale in about 1990 so I could afford to buy comics. I remember all the little pieces were busted off and it was dirty from playing with it in the backyard.

a>

Couldn't find any comic pics yet but found this from x-mas 1983.

I abused the hell out of that toy until I sold it to a thirty something year old man at a garage sale in about 1990 so I could afford to buy comics. I remember all the little pieces were busted off and it was dirty from playing with it in the backyard.

dam, can someone explain to me how to post a pic from photobucket

Mouse over the thumbnail pic, and use the IMG code, not the HTML code. If you're looking at the actual pic and not the gallery, there should be a drop-down menu below the pic that has the img code.

Here's one of your pics, though:

IMG_0001-1.jpg

The first one's addy gives me a 404, I guess you tried to change it. I used HTML to show this one, you just have to enable HTML in the drop-down labelled 'markup'.

I was about the same age when I got my AT-AT, though I got mine in Xmas of 1980, I think. Best present EVER. I saw that big- box under the tree, and my parents tried to tell me it was a 'Hardy Boys' collection of books. That was the year I learned to use an X-Acto knife to cut tape, and carefully unwrap/rewrap presents in the dead of night. :devil:

one of the reasons I got into the Star Trek toy/action figure business is because of my lifelong obsession with Star Trek.... here is a picture, over 30 years old, of me as a youngster with my communicator and tricorder (circa mid 1970's)

earlystr.jpg

one of the reasons I got into the Star Trek toy/action figure business is because of my lifelong obsession with Star Trek.... here is a picture, over 30 years old, of me as a youngster with my communicator and tricorder (circa mid 1970's)

earlystr.jpg

:applause: great shot Rick. Gotta go dig some of mine out next time I'm in NY.

Rick, are you heavily medicated in that pic?

great thread. I don't have any pics of me with my Star Wars, Shogun Warriors, or Transformers toys, or any of my earliest comic books.

I had a horrible childhood. It's a miracle I'm sane at all. I really must tell you about it sometime.

somewhere we have a bunch of pics with me reading comics, and playing with my mego figures as a kid... just have no clue where...

only reason I had this pic handy was my sister recently discovered it and gave it to me

medicated, probably not lol but I was likely doing the ole "kirk to enterprise"

This is the best I have at the moment. 1974 and I was recovering from a broken orbit bone. This was the month I started getting involved with comics.

My grandmother (pictured) bought me my first books.

scan0013-3.jpg

She also was from the depression era and never threw anything away. Thanks God for me because we found this (pictured below) in her closet just before she passed away. It had been lost for 27 years.

My Uncle used to go to the race track (Aqueduct) with Mike Esposito and he gave me a few pieces of original art work to collect.

ppssm.jpg

This is the best I have at the moment. 1974 and I was recovering from a broken orbit bone. This was the month I started getting involved with comics.

My grandmother (pictured) bought me my first books.

scan0013-3.jpg

She also was from the depression era and never threw anything away. Thanks God for me because we found this (pictured below) in her closet just before she passed away. It had been lost for 27 years.

My Uncle used to go to the race track (Aqueduct) with Mike Esposito and he gave me a few pieces of original art work to collect.

ppssm.jpg

I remember that thread fondly. :applause:

Godzilla and Me

3595509962_cea07da3d6_o.jpg

Nothing like being free to play in the gutter !! Something only little boys could get away with :grin: Your mom is cute (is it ok to say that (shrug) ) and looks like she's about 20.

I'll be visiting my folks in about 40 days and I know they have a pic of me and my best friend, at about age twelve......sitting on the floor with stacks and stacks of our comic collections all around us. We are each reading something.....I can't remember what.....probably Uncle Scrooge.....but maybe Spidey 1 :wishluck:. I'll be sure to snag that pic and post it up here, or in a new thread when I get back.