• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GUESS THE GRADE

30 posts in this topic

The book is perfectly centered and the back cover is very clean. The upper right hand cornor bend is not as bad as the scan shows. All in all a very nice book that I bought from Eides.

Eric

no your not a hater it's a 9.0 with ow/w pages. I think as a whole the boards have gotten much better at guess the grade CGC books a ton of people guessed 9.0 frown.gif I think it looks nicer but hey thats just me wink.gif

Eric

My "un"professional grade: 9.2, but put on my CGC cap, initialized the random grade generator, and gave it a 9.0.

Oh yeah--conditional--no back..

I think 9.2 is the more appropriate grade. I graded this before I saw your post---really!!!

if beyonder wants to host a scan of the back I'd be happy to post it. The back is nicer than the front, clean and well centered without the bend. If anything brought this book down that I can't see it is on the inside.

Eric

If you were going to resubmit, call for the graders notes. From what I can see, that book is a 9.2 to 9.4 (because even the bend in the corner doesn't break color).

There could be some surface creases that don't break color but bring the grade down a notch or two.

I pretty much a believe that when a book really looks nicer than the grade, that there are hidden flaws.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Problems I see other than the bend (I know, I know... a real life of the party) are:

1) Rubbing (possible moisture damage) in lower left corner;

2) Ink dots (are these production splatters) of blue above and yellow below the "girl, gladiator... etc." caption;

3) A white dot on Batroc's knee that also has a slightly larger ring of darker purple around it (moisture after or during Production?).

Still, I think 9.0 is a bit harsh.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

you're good!!!!!

that blue smudge above the story title and white dot on Batroc's knee are not supposed to be there.

i also thought that overall the book may have lost some gloss, but that could just be the blown-up scan.

i think 9.0 is about right and it's sure nicer than my copy that i pulled out to compare to........ 893applaud-thumb.gif