• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Land of the Lost

53 posts in this topic

For those that missed it last week, Sci Fi Channel is doing the Land of the Lost marathon again today.

Set your TiVo! :popcorn:

I can't stand him at all. I don't think I've ever made it all the way through any of his movies.

I plan on going to see LotL, but I'm not expecting much. :eek:

I can't stand him at all. I don't think I've ever made it all the way through any of his movies.

I plan on going to see LotL, but I'm not expecting much. :eek:

I was a little surprised as well. But remember, he played Federal Wildlife Marshal Willenholly in "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back," so he was destined to be in this movie.

It is weird that he was in a role that was a play-on-words with characters from the original Land of the Lost.

(shrug)

I can't stand him at all.

Ditto :sumo:

Wow! Glad to see I am in good company. He was good in "Stranger Than Fiction" IMHO because it was not his typical role.

But "Old School," "Talladega Nights," "Step Brothers," "Semi-Pro" were just a series of train wrecks.

I will not watch the movie. I was/am a big fan of the series. The movie may be a financial success but I think it will be a huge SLEESTAK EGG of a movie. Why make it a comedy (shrug) Remember when they did this to Dragnet. Like Will Ferrell or not - it ruins the movie for me. :tonofbricks:

I'm kinda, eh whatever, about Ferrel. Like any comedian he can be funny at times. I enjoyed him on Man Vs Wild. I liked him in Wedding Crashers. I think those old SNL cheerleader skits are among the worst things ever put in TV. Just horrible.

Remember when they did this to Dragnet.

The Dragnet movie was funnnn-nEEEEE!!!!! I loved it, Usually these "old TV show to movie" remakes make me wanna puke but I really liked that one.

I plan on seeing it tomorrow with my Son. After the marathon (he watched 4-5 episodes) he cannot wait to see the movie. And to be honest neither can I. The original show was as campy as could be.

I love Will Ferrel. And his co-star in LOTL is great in eastbound and down.

I love them both, too.

Foot Fist Way is fantastic. That indie movie is how Ferrel found McBride and brought him into his inner circle. McBride is my new favorite funny man. He damn near stole Pineapple Express away from Seth and Franco.

edited- forgot Franco's name.

But "Old School," "Talladega Nights," "Step Brothers," "Semi-Pro" were just a series of train wrecks.

"Old School" rocked.

I can't stand him at all.

Ditto :sumo:

Wow! Glad to see I am in good company. He was good in "Stranger Than Fiction" IMHO because it was not his typical role.

I totally agree. He's no Bill Murray.

"Old School" rocked.

There are really funny parts of all of these movies (except Semi-Pro; that blew). But they all have the same problem. They can't sustain. The scenes at the dinner table in Talladega Nights and in Step-Brothers are f-ing hilarious.

It's gonna suck. :cry:

Where is JC? I want this movie ripped to shreds like a raptor on a tourist in Jurassic Park. :sumo:

(shrug)

At the mirror, hunching his athletic 6'4" frame to comb his Nordic flaxen locks while lovingly watching his wife and children enjoy his expansive and technologically advanced home, surrounded by pristine snow white OO Bronze gems?

Where is JC? I want this movie ripped to shreds like a raptor on a tourist in Jurassic Park. :sumo:

(shrug)

At the mirror, hunching his athletic 6'4" frame to comb his Nordic flaxen locks while lovingly watching his wife and children enjoy his expansive and technologically advanced home, surrounded by pristine snow white OO Bronze gems?

Huh. Mars with a blue sky. That's a new one.

(shrug)

...and yet no one has managed to capture this elusive creature on film in his natural habitat... amazing. hm

If only Marlin Perkins were still alive. :(