• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submission Turn Around Question

32 posts in this topic

As I am new to the whole submission process, I was curious what other people's experiences have been when submitting books.

As a new CGC member, my first submission was through the 3 book coupon. My question is this. My books are still in "verified" status and are coming up on being in CGC's possession for 20 business days. Once books move from "verified," into "scheduled for grading," etc., is that pretty fast?

I'm not getting impatient out or anything. I am just interested in the process. It seems like the 20 business days of turn around are rapidly running out, and the site reflects coupon submissions as "on time."

Opinions/Experiences?

I currently have 120 Modern Pre-screen books received 4/17 sitting at "Verified" for the past week. My submissions this year were moving along quickly until mid-April. I called last week and they indicated they are behind mostly due to all the submissions that came in before the rate increase cut-off.

My Modern submission dated 05/01/2009 just went to 'scheduled for grading' this morning.

I bet it's a regular Modern Submission as opposed to a Pre-Screen, correct? Pre-screens suck at the moment. I was having a 4-5 week turnaround time until this block of subs, now I'm praying for 2 months. :(

Once they get to "scheduled for grading", they are usually graded the next day (sometimes two days). Once they are graded, they can stay in that status without being encapsulated for several days.

That depends. Sometimes the have been graded and not entered into the system and will sit for a few days up to a week or more depending upon the log jam going into the encapsulation room.

Pre-screens do add considerably more time to the process.

I had moderns that were submitted on 4/30 graded on Tuesday.

My Modern submission dated 05/01/2009 just went to 'scheduled for grading' this morning.

I bet it's a regular Modern Submission as opposed to a Pre-Screen, correct? Pre-screens suck at the moment. I was having a 4-5 week turnaround time until this block of subs, now I'm praying for 2 months. :(

Yeah, I'm thinking my 90 pre-screen's gonna be back in my hands by August. ;)

I'm ok with that, it's just something one has to understand going in....

Yes, not a pre-screen.

So I'll probably get Friday grading, I forget if that's good or bad. (shrug)

I have a 90 book prescreen Modern submission received 4/15 that went to scheduled for grading this past Tuesday, 6/2. I know they have been graded but they are waiting for encapsulation before I will be able to see the grades online.

With the April flood of books upon the announcement of the price increase I consider this pretty good turnaround by CGC !

My two Economy tier have been there for three months :(

my economy is in the encapsulation process according to allie jae. (shrug)

I'm going to have to get in touch with them, I had my moderns (which were submitted at the same time) back weeks ago.

I'm just worried in case they got lost in shipping. it's never happened before but there's always a first time :eek:

Once they get to "scheduled for grading", they are usually graded the next day (sometimes two days). Once they are graded, they can stay in that status without being encapsulated for several days.

That depends. Sometimes the have been graded and not entered into the system and will sit for a few days up to a week or more depending upon the log jam going into the encapsulation room.

Pre-screens do add considerably more time to the process.

I had moderns that were submitted on 4/30 graded on Tuesday.

Don't submit prescreens. meh For those that have faith in their grades, no pre-screen is needed. :cool: