• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you trimmed this, would it then be restored?

11 posts in this topic

In this case I don't think so since it could be trimmed to fit the interior pages you add to it. It would be a married copy, with the interior from one book and the cover from another. Since this one isn't stapled, I suppose if some way had the tools and know how, he could remove a beat up cover from an existing book and using the original staples, attached this new cover???

Someone might be able to get it to past CGC inspection, but I know I couldn't. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Someone might be able to get it to past CGC inspection, but I know I couldn't. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It would be pretty tough since it's already off folded about 1/2".

It would be pretty tough since it's already off folded about 1/2".

And to think these covers used to sell for 1.5 times the Overstreet guide for the complete book in the early 1990s! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wouldn't mind having it as a piece of art to hang on the wall, but I don't know if I would want to shell out the $20 bucks makepoint.gif
It's on my watch list. Depends on how my other bids go. But...I'll pay $20 for the item without any second thought. Any higher will require some decisions!

I've been wanting one of these for a while...would rather have an FF sheet but this would satisfy my curiosity a bit. I'm mostly interested in seeing if I can glean any useful info about production cuts.

Aren't all comics trimmed?

sign-rantpost.gif

Actually this is a good point. Comics are trimmed. Covers that never made it onto a comic like this one are - how to put it? Leftovers? Rogues? Renegades?

The thing about grading and restoration is that the standards for grading and restoration are applied to a comic book, not to an unused piece of one. This is, in my opinion, not a comic book but simply a seperate entity that should be perceived in its own right. But it has no right being applied to interior pages and then being graded as if the resultant "book" were the same as a similar real book that actually survuved for 20 or 30 or more years intact.

PS - if it sounds like I am ranting at you, Aces, I am not at all!