• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about something positive for the Forum members. Survey?

162 posts in this topic

Sure Pat, but only for you...

1. My favorite title to collect is - None. Don't focus on titles anymore as a "cover collector".

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to receive was- Exciting Comics # 60 CGC 9.0 (Classsic Schomburg airbrush)

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - Selling Silver, Bronze, and Copper and financing my Gold Comics habit.

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - The people (at least those in the Gold Forum).

5. My comic Grail is - F.F. # 5 in very high grade.

6. My favorite forum is - The Gold Forum and the Marketplace.

7. My collecting ADD is - Schomburg covers...can't....resist....a...HG....Schommmburrrgggg..... :cry:

1. My favorite title to collect is - I'm a cover freak so the title doesn't matter. But I have more Batman titles then anything else.

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to receive was-Superworld #1 from Ryan.

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - Finding new ways to appreciate the same book depending on my mood.

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - The fact it allows me a window to the collecting community that I otherwise would not have. It's safe to say I would not be where I am today as a collector if not for this nutty place.

5. My comic Grail is - Tec 27

6. My favorite forum is - GA for the knowledge, General for a daily dose of drama. Marketplace for the books. I cant pick.

7. My collecting ADD is - Picking out a random stack of comics and just looking at the covers 1 by 1 for no particular reason. That and smelling interiors.

1. My favorite title to collect is - The Amazing Spider-Man

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to receive was- Batman 251 CGC 8.5

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - Finding exactly what I was looking for.

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - The amount of knowledge to be shared.

5. My comic Grail is - Amazing Spider-Man #129

6. My favorite forum is - The Sales Forum and the Grades Forum

7. My collecting ADD is - Cover artwork.

1. My favorite title to collect is - GI Joe

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to receive was- GI Joe 21 Renegar Edition SS by Zeck and Beatty, double remarked - so many thanks to Par2ch on this one!

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - using them as an outlet for my OCD

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - Learning about different titles that I would never have looked at for myself without that knowledge.

5. My comic Grail is - I don't really have a grail, but my goal is to have a full run of every GI Joe Marvel book SS one day.

6. My favorite forum is - Tie between signature forum and sales forum (all the drama!)

7. My collecting ADD is - Variant Covers and Sigs

1. My favorite title to collect is - Detective Comics

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to read was- Shock Suspenstories #10 - junky story

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - accumulating run, reading run, selling run repeating over and over

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - The amount of knowledge to be shared.

5. My comic Grail is - Detective 27

6. My favorite forum is - Golden Age Group Shots - So Awesome

7. My collecting ADD is - Cool Covers. Constantly sidetracks me from main collecting goals

1. My favorite title to collect is - Amazing Spider-Man

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to read was- It's been so long since I actually read a comic I don't remember. (shrug)

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - the treasure hunt. You never know what you're going to find or where it's at. :)

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - the wealth of knowledge on these boards.

5. My comic Grail is - Amazing Fantasy #15 (which I'm attempting to pay for now). :eek:

6. My favorite forum is - Right now it's the "Want to Buy" section. I need to unload a LOT of comics. :whistle:

7. My collecting ADD is - any and all good deals but I'm doing much better now at focusing on what I REALLY want.

1. My favorite title to collect is - Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to receive was - Amazing Spider-Man #86 CGC 9.2 Pacific Coast Pedigree

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - Opening my comic parcels.

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - People who share my interest in comics.

5. My comic Grail is - Amazing Fantasy #15 (acquired), ASM #1 (hunting)

6. My favorite forum is - GA/SA/BA Sales Forum

7. My collecting ADD is - Spidey books from 1977 to 1982

1. My favorite title to collect is - SA Flash (including Showcase appearances)

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to receive was- FF #5 CGC 8.0

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - Finding that ONE book after a long search

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - The :slapfight:that goes on

5. My comic Grail is - AF #15 (this is because I mainly collect SA, although I wouldn't throw a Tec 27 out of bed)

6. My favorite forum is - The Sales Forum! Ditto

7. My collecting ADD is - Crossover Covers

Good poll, Pat...but you forgot to ask "What we hate" about collecting. Or is that another poll altogether? (shrug)

1. My favorite title to collect is - Moon Knight

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to receive was- Universe X #6

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - Finding books I need for my MK appearances.

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - seeing pictures of covers with awesome art.

5. My comic Grail is - WWBN #32

6. My favorite forum is - Copper comics

7. My collecting ADD is - anything MK related

!. My favorite title to collect is - X-men

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to receive was- a long time ago, haven't bought a major book in a month or two

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - getting 9.8s back from CGC

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - The collective knowledge

5. My comic Grail is - a double cover X-Men #137. Bought it off the rack as a kid, sold it. Hoping it will find it's way back into my hands.

6. My favorite forum is - General,Marketplace, the WaterCooler

7. My collecting ADD is - Double Covers

Good poll, Pat...but you forgot to ask "What we hate" about collecting. Or is that another poll altogether? (shrug)

I'm gonna wager that he hates other people telling him what he should put in his poll.

:baiting:

lol

1. My favorite title to collect is - a plethora of GA titles.

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to receive was- The last book I purchased.

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - The last book I purchased.

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - The mods.

5. My comic Grail is - Exciting #9.

6. My favorite forum is - GA

7. My collecting ADD is - Hitler Covers.

1. My favorite title to collect is - Planet Comics

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to receive was - G.I. Combat 76 (Oh wait, he was unwilling to complete the sale :( )

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - It's a wormhole to my youth

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - The collection of comics here and the funny books they own too.

5. My comic Grail is - Mask Comics #2

6. My favorite forum is - The Forum only Sales Forum

7. My collecting ADD is - Redhead covers

1. My favorite title to collect is - Modern - Criminal, Copper - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Bronze - Byrne Marvels, Silver - (shrug) , Gold - The Thing!

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to receive was- Incredible Hulk 145

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - Enoying all the cool stories and art that eluded me when I was younger

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - Finding out about incredible comics and covers from people with similar interests as me

5. My comic Grail is - Hmm...upgrading my Thing! 15

6. My favorite forum is - The Sales Forum

7. My collecting ADD is - at the moment (subject to change :insane:) = double covers

1. My favorite title to collect is - Golden Age - jumbo Comics. Silver Age - Northland X-Men. Bronze Age - Massachusetts Pedigree Avengers. Modern Age - Astonishing X-Men.

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to receive was- X-Men 62 Northland pedigree CGC 9.6. I am waiting on some Mass Avengers to come back.

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - Seeing a book I am after for the first time.

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - Friends.

5. My comic Grail is - I don't really have a grail.

6. My favorite forum is - Comics General, I guess.

7. My collecting ADD is - Any pedigree book.

1. My favorite title to collect is - Great stories and/or history. Any titles/companies, but partial to DC.

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to receive was- The best excitement came from making a replica comic. Such fun, when it all came together.

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - The sense of wonder.

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - thoughtful posters giving the heads-up to be aware and stay safe.

5. My comic Grail is - Detective #31

6. My favorite forum is - CG. The warnings alone have saved me untold $$$. Plus it's interesting, in a Forensic Files sorta way, how dots ultimately get connected.

7. My collecting ADD is - that neverending Cool Factor. It may show up in the form of a comic book, or statue, or film, or convention, or sketch, or...???

PAT! :hi: What's up man?

1. My favorite title would be Amazing Spider-Man (shock me! shock me!) lol

2. The last book I purchased was X-Men 1 & 2. I'm almost always excited to buy a book as I just not buy it if there was no interest in it.

3. My favorite part of collection is the hunt. Man, do I ever love the hunt! But I also really love organizing and cataloging my collection. It's like the OCD of collecting.

4. My favorite thing about these forums is easily the people. Definitely some great people to joke and talk with, as well as find some fantastic bargains.

5. My comic grail for the beginning of my collection was my AF15 and I've no plans to ever separate myself from it. My next big comic grail would be Batman 1.

6. My favorite forum is a three-way tie between the Silver Age, Signature, and Sales forums.

7. My collecting ADD is key issues. I see a key and I start devising a way to find it in my collection. I'd say OA sketches are a runner up.

1. My favorite title to collect is - Captain America Comics (GA)

2. The last book I purchased that I was actually excited to receive was- America's Best #8 and #9

3 My favorite part of collecting comics is - a combination of the Books, the art, their sigificance in American culture. The Cons, The friends ,The hunt... and yes the flips too.

4. My favorite thing about these forums is - Some really cool friends that I've met.

5. My comic Grail is - Detective Comics #27

6. My favorite forum is - Babe Test Thread....R.I.P.

7. My collecting ADD is - Miller Daredevils....for about the 20th time.