• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ideal Collectibles Website in Hawaii

35 posts in this topic

It's official, they are no longer in the comic book biz...

"Aloha,

Thank you for your email. We are sorry but we have closed down our CGC

section due to a large sale of our entire inventory.

Sincerely,

Ideal Collectables

3220 Waialae Avenue * Honolulu, Hawaii 96816

Tel: (808) 734-5100 * Fax: (808) 734-5015

Email: clientcare@ideal808.com

"

It's official, they are no longer in the comic book biz...

"Aloha,

Thank you for your email. We are sorry but we have closed down our CGC

section due to a large sale of our entire inventory.

Sincerely,

Ideal Collectables

3220 Waialae Avenue * Honolulu, Hawaii 96816

Tel: (808) 734-5100 * Fax: (808) 734-5015

Email: clientcare@ideal808.com

"

I always knew they were smart guys. smirk.gif

They even invited me to visit them in Hawaii! They were real good to me. I will call them sometime in a few weeks when I have more time.

CAL hi.gif

They even invited me to visit them in Hawaii! They were real good to me. I will call them sometime in a few weeks when I have more time.

CAL hi.gif

In all seriousness, I agree that they really were truly nice guys (at least from my experience). Sorry to see them leave the biz.

I'm amazed they found someone to buy their inventory. Some of those prices were nuts.

Given, I guess they did have a fair amount of consignments mixed in there too. So perhaps they didn't have to sell that much stuff in order to get out of the business.

Brian

I'm amazed they found someone to buy their inventory. Some of those prices were nuts.

One of their buying accounts on ebay bought a CGC 9.6 book a little under a month ago, so it's possible that the individuals will continue to buy and sell, but that they won't do it as a company any more. That's probably for the best since they've never had any kind of consistent inventory to keep people coming back to them for books.

Aloha All,

Thanks for all of the kind words and we just want to clarify to everyone that we are not out of the comic business. Recently, we were approached by an investment group that had an interest in buying our entire inventory of CGC Graded books. In March, they bought a small package of $60000.00 of books which included a Fantastic Four #48 CGC 9.8 and Captain America 100 CGC 9.8. Over the past couple of weeks, we finalize a deal for the rest of the books left on our site along with another 300 Or so books that we had not listed. We are still actively looking for high grade books and we will continue to buy and sell CGC Graded comics. Thanks again for all of the kind words and please feel free to email us anytime if you have books to sell.

Bryce

Ideal Collectables

Bryce,

Thanks for the clarification. As you can see with the note that was sent me, you could see how I interepreted the message as "we have left the biz".

Do you know if the "investment group" will be selling, or do they welcome inquiries?

Sounds like they got a good deal on the books.

Sterling

All I can say about these guys is good service, bought my first CGC book off them and they only charged me $8-9 to ship it from Hawaii to Canada - Why cause thats what it cost makepoint.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Aloha All,

Thanks for all of the kind words and we just want to clarify to everyone that we are not out of the comic business. Recently, we were approached by an investment group that had an interest in buying our entire inventory of CGC Graded books. In March, they bought a small package of $60000.00 of books which included a Fantastic Four #48 CGC 9.8 and Captain America 100 CGC 9.8. Over the past couple of weeks, we finalize a deal for the rest of the books left on our site along with another 300 Or so books that we had not listed. We are still actively looking for high grade books and we will continue to buy and sell CGC Graded comics. Thanks again for all of the kind words and please feel free to email us anytime if you have books to sell.

Bryce

Ideal Collectables

frown.gif

I always liked looking at that CGC 9.8 double cover Amazing Spider-Man 33 that you guys had on your site. It was a great looking book and is probably one of the grails in my quest for double cover books. Are you allowed to disclose the purchaser of your inventory?

Aloha All,

For those inquiring minds that want to know, the buyers of the CGC lot is an investment company by the name of Miken Investment Group, LLC, led by Mr. Ken Tokita and Mr. Mike Harada. They are NOT interested in selling their newly aquired books but are still very interested in buying more high grade CGC's. They can be reached through their consultant Mr. John Inouye at johninouye@hawaii.rr.com . Any inquiries should be forwarded to him. Hopefully this information helps.

Bryce

Ideal Collectables