• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you store your CGC comics?

44 posts in this topic

I was thinking about this yesterday. I too am a man of few slabs (Hockey has 14 more than I do), and I was wondering this: Ikea has some wooden magazine files, balsa I think, for about five bucks a pop. Seems like they'd be decent protection, unless balsa is somehow bad for comics. Anyone know if it is? And do slabs breathe?

I got an Ikea down the street... got a link?

Oh, and all my slabs are laid flat on top of one another on top of my wardrobe (thumbs u

How many high?

Oh, and all my slabs are laid flat on top of one another on top of my wardrobe (thumbs u

How many high?

They're about 20 high each stack at the moment. I'm completely out of comic room until we move to a bigger place which sucks. I'm converting one of the outhouses though so I'll be able to box them all and move them when it's done.

I MUST GIVE GAV ALL MY BATMAN BOOKS,I MUST GIVE GAV ALL MY BATMAN BOOKS,I MUST GIVE GAV ALL MY BOOKS :eek:

:roflmao:

I store them in Magazine sized comic boxes.. work perfectly and not as expensive and the CGC boxes.

My top 8 slabs I have displayed on a shelf.

Along this line, I store my slabs in Banker's Boxes as I have a ton of them-I have used them to pack books, not comic books, when I have moved. Approximately 27 slabs fit in each box. If you are storing "Giant" issues, for example, fewer slabs will fit. There is perhaps a 1/2" to 1" space left between the top of the slab and the box but, to date, no slabs have shifted in any of the boxes. Lastly, I imagine these boxes are quite a bit cheaper than CGC boxes.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and for all of the great ideas on storing CGC graded comics. I was thinking of using them as coasters myself...but alas, I sold all my furniture to buy comics...I guess they will just have to go in a box. Thanks again.