• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you store your CGC comics?

44 posts in this topic

I just joined CGC as a premium member. I am waiting on my welcome package and free coupons for 3 free gradings. Currently my comics are bagged and boarded as typical comics are and stored in a long box. I was wondering what everyone did with their comics AFTER they have been encased by CGC.

I put them in a giant wood and glass case I built many years ago for my vintage Star Wars collectibles. Stacked, it would probably hold 600 slabs. As it stands I own 15 slabs so it's pretty bare. lol

What did you do with the SW stuff? I wish I still had mine.

I was thinking about this yesterday. I too am a man of few slabs (Hockey has 14 more than I do), and I was wondering this: Ikea has some wooden magazine files, balsa I think, for about five bucks a pop. Seems like they'd be decent protection, unless balsa is somehow bad for comics. Anyone know if it is? And do slabs breathe?

I put them in a giant wood and glass case I built many years ago for my vintage Star Wars collectibles. Stacked, it would probably hold 600 slabs. As it stands I own 15 slabs so it's pretty bare. lol

What did you do with the SW stuff? I wish I still had mine.

ebay....about 4-5 years ago. :cry: At the time I wasn't collecting comics and had stopped buying vintage toys so I thought I was done and had finally "grown up". lol Much to my wife's dismay I seem to have found the inner kid in me once again.

The biggest regret was I had a sealed Ewok Village. And the box was essentially "case fresh". Would've made a nice AFA candidate.

Welcome to the boards! I am pretty new here myself, got my package just a couple of weeks ago. I sent in 15 comics without yet using my coupon. I bought some CGC boxes and plastics from https://www.hotflips.com after looking on Ebay for supplies. The local stores in my area don’t deal in CGC books so I had to look elsewhere. One thing to know is after I got my invoice from them, shipping was later added on. Just keep that in mind, it was still cheaper that any of the ebay stores. Again welcome and enjoy, joining has already been fun for you and sparked a new phase in my comic collecting.

Welcome to the boards...I store mine in CGC short boxes that I got from Hotflips.com. They work great...I have about 40 slabs at this point...but I've been looking for a good, safe way to display them...UF rays and fading is a worry for me...