• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

completing stories

83 posts in this topic

I am trying to put some books back together as well. I wouldn't say complete, because I think that is about impossible. Which is why I try to keep books (or parts of books) together when it looks like they are about to be broken up. As far as re-assembling books is concerned, I am interested in pages from these Gene Colan comics:

Daredevil 78, 79, 94, and 95

Captain America 135

Marvel Super-Heroes 15

I should say that I do have limits on what I can pay for pages from these books, but I do have some art to trade to help make things work out.

Some books I have helped prevent being broken up, and for which I am interested in finding additional pages from, are:

Thor 243 (John Buscema)

Marvel Premiere 22 (Arvell Jones)

JLA 115 (D. Dillin)

My enthusiasm to prevent books from being broken up led me to try to buy Dan's Marvel Super-Heroes Guardians of the Galaxy book, but I regretfully had to back out of the deal due to financial issues on my part (sorry again, Dan!). And as Dan said, the book was sold to someone else and promptly broken up.

So kudos to those who are trying to keep pages together! It's tough (and expensive) work. Cheers, Lee

Hey Lee!

Public Kudo's to Lee for those of you out there who might consider trading with him. He got me a page to Avengers #156, and I was able to get him a MSH #15 page! Mr. Levy too has been a pleasure to trade with. :applause:

SKL

I am trying to put some books back together as well. I wouldn't say complete, because I think that is about impossible. Which is why I try to keep books (or parts of books) together when it looks like they are about to be broken up. As far as re-assembling books is concerned, I am interested in pages from these Gene Colan comics:

Daredevil 78, 79, 94, and 95

Captain America 135

Marvel Super-Heroes 15

I should say that I do have limits on what I can pay for pages from these books, but I do have some art to trade to help make things work out.

Some books I have helped prevent being broken up, and for which I am interested in finding additional pages from, are:

Thor 243 (John Buscema)

Marvel Premiere 22 (Arvell Jones)

JLA 115 (D. Dillin)

My enthusiasm to prevent books from being broken up led me to try to buy Dan's Marvel Super-Heroes Guardians of the Galaxy book, but I regretfully had to back out of the deal due to financial issues on my part (sorry again, Dan!). And as Dan said, the book was sold to someone else and promptly broken up.

So kudos to those who are trying to keep pages together! It's tough (and expensive) work. Cheers, Lee

Hello friends,

Great to come back and see people posting their wishlists for books they're working on completing. Some of your wantlists I remember, others I'll have to refer back to!

Just as a point of clarification, while I'm seeking any/all pages from Colan/Everett's Black Widow stories in Amazing Adventures #'s 3, 4 and 5 to satisfy my own burning uncontrollable cravings (and will buy/trade for them at levels that will make you feel like a grifter for accepting my offers), pages from these books:

Captain America #116, 120, 121 (all Colan/Sinnott) and 137 (Colan/Everett again)

Daredevil #91 (Colan/Palmer)

Plus: Kane/Sutton artwork from Warlock #4

... are ones I'm seeking for a trade I'm working on with Glen's aforementioned buddy. Thus, if I can find any, they are going to the proper collection that loves them most, and not destined for my own.

If you know Glen's collector buddy, you can trade/sell me the above pages without remorse or worry of betrayal, or concern about the severe, unthinkable consequences he would bring to bear for c-blocking him on art he wants (I kid, he's a nice guy).

Good luck to all fellow -eyed optimists attempting to complete stories! I'll do what I can to pitch in when I see pages surface.

Pax,

Sean

I also would like to find pages from Todd McFarlane's Amazing Spider-Man #328 but it has been tough. If any of you guys know where they are, please email me.

Thanks,

Socrates

I have completed one story, X-Men #30 by Andy Kubert and Matt Ryan. Two others I am still trying to finish:

Uncanny X-Men #308, John Romita Jr (Pencils), Dan Green (inker), Al Vey (Inker)

I have the covers and all but three interior pages. Al assisted so I think he might have them but he rarely sells art and so far hasn't comes across any fro the book.

Fantastic Four #286, John Byrne (penciler for all but published flashback), JAckson Guice (penciler flashback), Terry Austin (inker of all published and unpublished pages from the issue)

I have 12 interior pages including 2 of the unpublished. still missing the cover, two unpublished flashback and 12 published pages by Byrne, 4 published flashback pages by Jackson Guice.

John and Jackson don't have any of the pages, I know where 4 are (owners wont part with them), and Terry still has most of his 1/3 share. So if anyone has any pages from the isse please drop me an email. Thanks.

I also would like to find pages from Todd McFarlane's Amazing Spider-Man #328 but it has been tough. If any of you guys know where they are, please email me.

Thanks,

Socrates

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=7009&LotIdNo=49004&txtSearch=&hdnSearch=true

Thanks a lot for the heads up, Nexus. I really appreciate it.

Socrates

I'm trying to put together the following 1970s books if anyone knows where any pages are:

DC Superstars #10 (Strange Sports-superhero baseball game)

Defenders #44

Hulk #207

Kamandi #55-60 (Just the main Kamandi stories, not the Omac back-ups)

Karate Kid #15

Marvel 2-in-1 #56

Super-Villain Team-Up #14

Just stumbled upon this thread and feel the need to add to it. It deserves a bump.

I'm looking for the pages from Howard the Duck #9 -- the original series comic, not the later B&W magazine. (Colan/Leialoha and Gerber)

I have 4 interior pages and would love to track down the rest.

Actually, I know who has the cover and 1st page splash, and I know of another collector who has a stellar interior splash... but neither of them are looking to sell any time soon.

But that leaves a whole bunch interior pages that are unaccounted for.

Anyone? Leads? Clues? Wild duck goose chases?

:wishluck:

I am trying to complete Fantastic Four #286 by John Byrne and Terry Austin (with Jackson Guice penciling 3 flashback pages). This is the Return of Jean Grey.

Also looking for Uncanny X-Men #308 by John Romita Jr, Dan Green and Al Vey, missing 3 pages.

I'm looking for 3 pages from BIRDS OF PREY #76 - Pages #10, #20 and #22 by Gail Simone (Writer) with artwork by Joe Prado and Ed Benes as well as the cover by Jason Pearson.

Here's what the pages look like:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=100538

I believe 2 of them were sold via eBay auctions (one of which, Page #10, I know I lost bidding on due to my neglect) within the last 5 years ago sold by Ed Benes art rep, Court Gerbeau.

I'm willing to trade or buy 'em.

I wish I was in a better financial position to buy those MSH 18 pages as a whole back then. I too was saddened to see them so quickly split up. I refuse to buy any of them now because of that.

As for me, I'm trying to get art from Valentino's Guardians of the Galaxy #27 (among other issues). I have a handful of pages, another collector I know has a handful, and I think Valentino still has a handful. Don't know where the others are.

I wonder who you're talking about. :whistle:

I'm trying to complete Marvel's Transformers: Headmasters #1. I have 75% of the book and would love to complete it.

:)

I'm always on the look out for

• LUCIFER 14 pages (Ormston art)
  • LUCIFER 33 pages (Ormston art) One of the best stand alone issues OF ALL TIME
  • I like picking up the occasional PREACHER page

As far as I know all the Lucifer 33 pages except for 4 are owned by one person. Of the four that collector doesn't own, you have two of them. You do know this right? Weren't you contacted about the two pages you own?