• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone know how to reach CAP Freak?

878 posts in this topic

I was wildly unpopular in my grad school psych classes for suggesting that some kids don't benefit from a time-out, and just need a good assbeating.

i agree, some kids just don't "get it" and they need to understand pain will come with some of their stupid actions.

j

My parents whipped my butt, and I deserved it. If they'd sent me to a corner for a 'time-out', I'd have just have used those minutes to devise other devious to pull.

I honestly believe that my dad's belt is the primary reason I'm not currently incarcerated.

Most kids today would think those are urban legends getting a belt across your azz. We had a very strict household with no margin of error. It was like living on a keg of nitro. No talking at the supper table. None. Eat and shut up. I had the unfortunate honor of sitting next to my old man. He caught me sticking a mouthful of mashed potatoes at my sister on night. The last thing I remember was semi-uncounciousness on the floor after a right cross. I was about 14. All I remembered was my mother saying " Did you have to hit him that hard", as everyone continued with there dinner. WTF. How hard was his supposed to crack me? :o

DRX

How's your relationship with your dad now, if it's all right to ask?

My dad is almost 88, and still as awnry as ever. Still drives, cuts his lawn, etc.He was never a personable person, ever. His thoughts were everyone should have it as rough as he did coming up, and work for every penny. Nothing given. Ever. I still see him a few times a week and run a few errands for him and my mom, but the memorys of what happend as kids, Ill never forget. No one would. I have a sister somewhere that took off at 16. Couldnt take it. That was over forty years ago. Enough of my B.S. I could write a book.

DRX

DRX

Most kids today would think those are urban legends getting a belt across your azz. We had a very strict household with no margin of error. It was like living on a keg of nitro. No talking at the supper table. None. Eat and shut up. I had the unfortunate honor of sitting next to my old man. He caught me sticking a mouthful of mashed potatoes at my sister on night. The last thing I remember was semi-uncounciousness on the floor after a right cross. I was about 14. All I remembered was my mother saying " Did you have to hit him that hard", as everyone continued with there dinner. WTF. How hard was his supposed to crack me? :o

DRX

Holy , I'm sorry to hear that DRX. While I'm an advocate of corporal punishment, what you described is straight-up abuse. My parents never hit me with a closed fist, and I didn't live in fear, either. I grew up in a pretty easygoing household; if I did something stupid in public, my mom would say "You know I'm going to whip your once we get home, right?" I'd look down and say in a resigned voice, "Yeah, I kind of figured as much." The car ride home and anticipation of the whipping was way worse than the actual punishment.

I've sent a note to Mark Zaid informing him the NOD has a member not in good standing with this board, and it would be appreciated if they take this into consideration when having members join their group.

Hopefully, others take the same action as if Connor wants to play around in a serious hobby, we should help him go into another hobby. Then they can deal with "Awww, a young, new member" but later state "WTF!"

I cannot officially speak for NOD, but I can relay that this just came to the Board's attention and they are working on it now.

What are Connor's other screennames?

Are you serious? He has a few screen names? Is that allowed?

It was posted in the probation thread, Capandfalcon. I also put a link there where he defaulted on payment with a few boards. Why that name is not on the list is beyond me.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1646534&fpart=354

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1261102&fpart=1

Fixed the page # on the first link.

Man, he gives all us young people a bad name (but then again I'm 23 and know better.)

Be careful with calling the parent's. As some of you may know, sometimes parent's get really offended when they hear that their wonderful child is actually a jerk. They may take it out on you, not the kid.

So true...that's why it's probably best to talk to the Dad...not trying to be sexist but I think Moms have more of an instinct to protect their kids first no matter what the accusation or problem... that's why it's important to remain calm when talking to a parent... 2c

You've clearly never met my father. lol

The rules change when it concerns Daddy's little girl... :tonofbricks:

I've sent a note to Mark Zaid informing him the NOD has a member not in good standing with this board, and it would be appreciated if they take this into consideration when having members join their group.

Hopefully, others take the same action as if Connor wants to play around in a serious hobby, we should help him go into another hobby. Then they can deal with "Awww, a young, new member" but later state "WTF!"

I cannot officially speak for NOD, but I can relay that this just came to the Board's attention and they are working on it now.

Thanks, and so sorry to bother you all with this. Now you can see why we took it to Comics General, as not everyone goes to the sales forum area.

This is really bad folks, and if this is someone that is only 15, has multiple profiles, and thinks it is okay to play with people like this, he needs to get out of here and learn a hard lesson.

That's the punishment that will drive home playing with people is not the right way in life.

There is no way he wrote his membership write up by himself:

Connor Amans

All Star Comics

I first began collecting comic books at the age of 7, when I found a copy of Silver Surfer #18 at a used book sale, bought it, read it several times that night and the rest is history. I had been collecting comics with regular trips to my local comic store and annual ventures to Wizard World at the Long Beach Convention Center.

Fastforward to June 2006, with the discovery of the CGC Message Boards, and the beginning of a new chapter in my comic collecting. I learned so much, so quickly in my two years as a regular poster on what is commonly referred to as "the boards".

I soon learned of an organization called the NOD. I researched them and sympathized with their mission and guidelines, having had previous instances of receiving comics with undisclosed restoration, I later detected. I feel that with the numerous scheisters, scammers, and con-men in todays society, it is necessary to do all we can to stem the tide of these rip-off artists by taking a vow of disclosure and educating others. I feel compelled to help create a safer environment to buy and sell comic books.

Now you can see why we took it to Comics General, as not everyone goes to the sales forum area.

Exactly. Apparently this has been going on for some time, but I first learned of it late yesterday by accidentally stumbling over it.

Now you can see why we took it to Comics General, as not everyone goes to the sales forum area.

Exactly. Apparently this has been going on for some time, but I first learned of it late yesterday by accidentally stumbling over it.

Working together as a forum, WE will get this fixed one way or another.

But this is a four-time strike against this member, and unfortunately since the mods do not get involved in the buying and selling on the forum, we need to take care of our own garbage.

What are Connor's other screennames?

Are you serious? He has a few screen names? Is that allowed?

My memory is muddy, but I thought he also used the name 'CapandFalcon' or something like that.

Doesn't come up under the search feature, but if he has another screen name, I'll notifying the mods as that is BS.

What else has he gotten away with because he's "just a boy?"

"CAPandFALCON" does show up under the search feature, but you have to go back a few years. Apparently he hasn't posted with that ID since June of 2006. Here is a related thread about CAPandFALCON's previous problems in the selling forum:

A Cautionary Tale

EDIT: I see that thread was already linked to. Sorry. :blush:

I soon learned of an organization called the NOD. I researched them and sympathized with their mission and guidelines, having had previous instances of receiving comics with undisclosed restoration, I later detected. I feel that with the numerous scheisters, scammers, and con-men in todays society, it is necessary to do all we can to stem the tide of these rip-off artists by taking a vow of disclosure and educating others. I feel compelled to help create a safer environment to buy and sell comic books.

In all fairness to the kid, I don't see anywhere in that paragraph that specifically talks about taking folks money and running.

Disclosure = (thumbs u Stealing = (thumbs u :insane:

Try to ban me from posting. Try.

2dtq9mx.jpg

I propose that before you are allowed to sell on this board that you must post a photograph of yourself so that your buyers can "eye-ball" you.

Frankly, I would have trouble buying something from this kid's lemonade stand much less a comic book.

Even if he wasn't 15, that haircut is a clear sign of poor decision making.

C