• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone know how to reach CAP Freak?

878 posts in this topic

so how did the conversation go?

keep calling. eventually mom or pop will answer.

i think it is his (con-nor) cell and not a house phone. so i also have his address so i have no idea what i'm going to do but something needs to be done with this.

Legal means are much more costly than what is owed to me and all of us combined. This just irritates me because this place is cool and i finally found somewhere that i kind of fit in and some little :censored: kid :censored: it up. i don't care if he's a pseudo-borock protege or not. i've never met borock and i've completed every deal that i've made on these boards.

geebus i'm pissed.

j

But I have to point out the fact that it's probably an unwise decision to do business with minors. What this kid has done is clearly wrong, but the decision making of those who chose to buy from him has to be questioned as well.

(thumbs u

And Don't forget to *67, so he can't run to the phone and grab it if he sees it's you.

If he starts doing that with every call someone in the house should start to question what is up.

C

calling from a business phone. its a masked line. comes up as either private or unknown caller (switches between the two).

j

i think it is his (con-nor) cell and not a house phone. so i also have his address so i have no idea what i'm going to do but something needs to be done with this.

Legal means are much more costly than what is owed to me and all of us combined. This just irritates me because this place is cool and i finally found somewhere that i kind of fit in and some little whore kid :censored: it up. i don't care if he's a pseudo-borock protege or not. i've never met borock and i've completed every deal that i've made on these boards.

geebus i'm pissed.

j

If you really felt compelled, I'm sure you could bring him on Judge Judy or something.

You guys are all a bunch of haters!

:slapfight:

Vaughn you are gorgeous...I have no CLUE what you look like, but you are gorgeous:)

You should see me with a big dip of skoal in my lip :cloud9:

art-smj9406.14.fig8.jpg

Well, I heard from the NOD directors. I'm not going into details out of respect for their kind response, but I think this young man is going to learn another life lesson very soon.

Hopefully, he enjoys another hobby other than comics.

Anyone around here remember the story of Charlie Wenzel? He was a young kid (19 years old at the time, I believe) who tried to scam somebody on the purchase of some auto parts on a 4x4 truck forum. When this kid refused to take responsibility, there was a heaping of internet justice that made him a web legend (and not in a good way).

There's plenty of info out there about that case, and the read on the main forum itself, I remember, was an epic read. The link below gives a brief synopsis.

http://www.applegeeks.com/sm/index.php?topic=5658.msg89987

That story was a good reminder of how even the weight of an internet community can be pretty powerful at getting the right thing done.

BTW, Connor is all Cap_Santa, as you may recall he was working with Ze last year on the Secret Santa.

Does anyone know what his capacity was in this role? One good deed does not out weight the numerous bad ones either.

You are correct.

Last year I was insanely busy and Connor offered to help out when I said I might not run the exchange. I had no idea who he really was, how old, or of his previous history issues. Like Schmidt I just saw a boardie people knew, and assumed the best of him. Well it appears my trust was misplaced, he put a taint of the entire thing that will be hard to wipe away.

And btw, age has nothing to do with it. I have met as many level headed kids as I have met "a hole" adults. Sadly it looks like Connor is headed very quickly towards the latter of the two.

Until he makes good on some level he will forever be just a punk to me, not that it matters to him.

The number is a cell #, i'm to the point of giving out the number he has and just spam his cell phone.

i can't believe i actually gave him a chance.

j

PM me his #, if you're uncomfortable with posting it in general. I'm down with harrassing a scammer.

Not to rub salt in the wound here...

But I have to point out the fact that it's probably an unwise decision to do business with minors. What this kid has done is clearly wrong, but the decision making of those who chose to buy from him has to be questioned as well.

This should be a lesson to everyone to be a little more cautious with whom you choose to deal.

I personally had no idea he was a minor - all I saw was a board member with 17.000 posts which, you know, I kind of assumed meant the person was trustworthy.

quantity of posts on CGC means absolutely, positively nothing.

And btw, age has nothing to do with it. I have met as many level headed kids as I have met "a hole" adults. Sadly it looks like Connor is headed very quickly towards the latter of the two.

Before this thread, I didn't realize he was only 15 or 16.

None of you ever did stupid mess when you were that age? I'm not condoning what he did, and he should be punished, but stupid decisions and teenagers go together like steak and bacon, or chicken and bacon, or bacon and beer.

(thumbs u

Hell I think Most would have no clue the kids 15 YEARS OLD!!!!

He had 17,000 posts!!

I think the average person would assume on these Boards that mean a fairly safe bet!!