• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT [kinda]: Upper Deck original card art...

22 posts in this topic

Just wanted to give a heads-up to the group...Upper Deck has released some of the original art used for trading cards and/or projects other for sale. You can find them here:

http://store.upperdeck.com//Products/Upper%20Deck%20Default%20Catalog/Specialty%20Collectibles/A08-Trading%20Card%20Art/default.aspx?NPP=0

Seems like most of em are at decent prices, compared to what painted, published comic stuff tends to go for, but I am no expert in this area so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

I have no involvement with this offering, just one collector passing info on where it might be appreciated.

heh, I am oogling at some of the hockey cards too.

If this was OA (for comics) it's a no brainer. But I know nothing of Hockey Card original art, and none of the players profiled resonate with me (except for Mario. Messier is another big name but I hated his time here in Vancouver)

Malvin

Hey thanks for the heads up! I wasn't shopping for anything like this but at those prices I couldn't pass it up. I got the Aramis Ramirez and Derrek Lee Cubs card for $250 plus the 20% off coupon for signing up for the first time! Bargain!

What was "The Catch", it must of sold already? What else sold?

Hey thanks for the heads up! I wasn't shopping for anything like this but at those prices I couldn't pass it up. I got the Aramis Ramirez and Derrek Lee Cubs card for $250 plus the 20% off coupon for signing up for the first time! Bargain!

What was "The Catch", it must of sold already? What else sold?

Seriously? The Catch

Oh sorry, you know I of course know that play but I didn't know it was "the catch" and I didn't see that image when I first scrolled through!

Thanks!

When I heard "The Catch" I was thinking of Willie Mays...

Oh sorry, you know I of course know that play but I didn't know it was "the catch" and I didn't see that image when I first scrolled through!

Thanks!

When I heard "The Catch" I was thinking of Willie Mays...

doh!

That's really nice PurpleHaze. My bro is a big Barry Sanders fan. You're lucky you got it, I might have bought it for his birthday next month!!! :)

Now I have to find the card for my Ramirez D. Lee art! Not on ebay ... anyone have an ideas??

Thanks for the post..

Mr. Butkus

dud73426.jpg

and Mr. Sayers

dud73649.jpg

will look great on the wall. (thumbs u

C

I was tempted to buy one but 200+ (or $250 in the ones I was looking at) is above my comfort zone in terms of "throwing away just because I like it" (i.e. overpaying above market)

Fortunately, there was a card already on ebay!

Kobe Original Art

If Kobe Bryant only got $199, I'm overpaying for those hockey cards originals I am looking at and now is not the time to overpay!

Malvin

I was tempted to buy one but 200+ (or $250 in the ones I was looking at) is above my comfort zone in terms of "throwing away just because I like it" (i.e. overpaying above market)

Kobe Original Art

If Kobe Bryant only got $199, I'm overpaying for those hockey cards originals I am looking at and now is not the time to overpay!

Malvin

I don't know if that is a good gauge. That might be the worst image of Kobe I have ever seen...outside of his mug shot that is.

C

Kobe Original Art

Malvin

I don't know if that is a good gauge. That might be the worst image of Kobe I have ever seen...outside of his mug shot that is.

C

If you want to get that picky, most of the images I saw weren't exactly striking or a good likeness, its not like Drew Struzan did them! :D

Malvin