• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Extra! Extra! Get your Avengers #4 CGC 3.0, AW #10, and Tec 35 right here!

93 posts in this topic

I can only imagine the book you must've picked up if you selling this Tec!

See my sig line and posts in GA forum :whistle:

Just saw the GA forum post.... :o Yeah... I GET why this one is up for sale. And a 5.0 Blue no less??? Wow... :applause:

I can only imagine the book you must've picked up if you selling this Tec!

See my sig line and posts in GA forum :whistle:

Just saw the GA forum post.... :o Yeah... I GET why this one is up for sale. And a 5.0 Blue no less??? Wow... :applause:

Thanks Mac Man (thumbs u

I really hate to part with this one, but alas I must :( Great early Bat-Man cover and the greatest Bat-Man splash page IMO. (thumbs u

Detective Comics #35

Diamond Run Copy

4.0/4.5 raw, Slight

Cream to off white pages

I purchased this copy as a 4.5/5.0 2+ years ago directly from Tom Fagan himself (whom I was told recently passed Oct '08). The DR collection was once recognized as a pedigree collection by CGC, but is not anymore to my knowledge. It is simply a collection (Cookeville, etc) of comics spanning the GA, SA, and BA that Tom Fagan accumulated in the Vermont area.

The book has very good eye appeal (looks close to Dark Knight's 4.0 Blue). There is color touch along the spine and on a few spots along the FC's right edge. Minor tape and glue along the inner spine. No pieces added, no tear seals, no reinforcement, no cleaning on this copy. I showed the book to Matt Nelson when I first acquired it and he said that the CT, glue, and tape could likely be removed but he wouldn't be sure until he had the chance to work on it. I never sent it in, and choose to enjoy the book as is (thumbs u Staples looks like they were replaced at some point as they are a little too "shiny" in my opinon, but certainly vintage staples can be inserted if desired.

This book and cover is one of the hottest Pre-Rob Tecs of all time. 1koko just sold his 2.5 copy for $9000. A 3.5 sold for $11,500 three months ago, and DK's copy would certainly bring $15k in today's market.

Asking $9800 shipped.

Tec35raw40mycopynew.jpg

Detectuve_35_Splash_B.jpg

Tec35raw40mycopyBCnew.jpg

How is this book not sold yet?

I really hate to part with this one, but alas I must :( Great early Bat-Man cover and the greatest Bat-Man splash page IMO. (thumbs u

Detective Comics #35

Diamond Run Copy

4.0/4.5 raw, Slight

Cream to off white pages

I purchased this copy as a 4.5/5.0 2+ years ago directly from Tom Fagan himself (whom I was told recently passed Oct '08). The DR collection was once recognized as a pedigree collection by CGC, but is not anymore to my knowledge. It is simply a collection (Cookeville, etc) of comics spanning the GA, SA, and BA that Tom Fagan accumulated in the Vermont area.

The book has very good eye appeal (looks close to Dark Knight's 4.0 Blue). There is color touch along the spine and on a few spots along the FC's right edge. Minor tape and glue along the inner spine. No pieces added, no tear seals, no reinforcement, no cleaning on this copy. I showed the book to Matt Nelson when I first acquired it and he said that the CT, glue, and tape could likely be removed but he wouldn't be sure until he had the chance to work on it. I never sent it in, and choose to enjoy the book as is (thumbs u Staples looks like they were replaced at some point as they are a little too "shiny" in my opinon, but certainly vintage staples can be inserted if desired.

This book and cover is one of the hottest Pre-Rob Tecs of all time. 1koko just sold his 2.5 copy for $9000. A 3.5 sold for $11,500 three months ago, and DK's copy would certainly bring $15k in today's market.

Asking $9800 shipped.

Tec35raw40mycopynew.jpg

Who knows? Price, Cashflow, and marketplace population could all be factors... hm

Detective Comics #35

Diamond Run Copy

4.0/4.5 raw, Slight

Cream to off white pages

Asking $9800 shipped.

Tec35raw40mycopynew.jpg

(shrug)

Make it happen Peter :baiting:

Detective Comics #35

Diamond Run Copy

4.0/4.5 raw, Slight

Cream to off white pages

Asking $9800 shipped.

Tec35raw40mycopynew.jpg

Who knows? Price, Cashflow, and marketplace population could all be factors... hm

:eek:

Detective Comics #35

Diamond Run Copy

4.0/4.5 raw, Slight

Cream to off white pages

Asking $9800 shipped.

Tec35raw40mycopynew.jpg

zzz:popcorn:

If I had the money, I'd a help unload that Tec. :blush:

Hey Mike...school's out for both of us!

I'm open to partial trades on the Tec :)

I thought you had a summer job Bennie The Beast ?

Don't you own a comic shop in the Bay Area called "Bennie The Beast Comics" ?

Also known as BTB Comics ?????????????????????????????