• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA/BA DC Original Owner Collection on Ebay, 900+ books,120+ CGC Books up to 9.6!

18 posts in this topic

I came across an original owner collection last Summer that consisted of all DC books. Many looked NM or better so I snatched it up. It turns out that many of them had not even been read as some of them had pages that were still stuck together at the perforations. I picked over the collection and kept the books I wanted and started to send other to CGC. I now have a couple of financial emergencies with my family that require me to sell. I wish I had more time as there are many more 9.4 books in this collection, I just can't wait another 2+ months for the turn around times.

I did manage to send about 120 of them to CGC a few months ago and over half were 9.2 or better. I even got 10 9.6 books! Some quick checking on the census reveals several "best existing" copies. The collection consists of over 900 books, all DC and ranges from roughly 1964 through 1972 and has many solid runs including the keys. I will be posting a few hundred books each week and should have them all listed by the 4th of July weekend.

In the meantime, here is a link to a list of the books that I am selling. Note that I have included a number of Silver Age Marvels but they are not from the original collection. I have made a first pass through on the grades and may be making minor adjustments to some of the grades as I scan & post them on ebay.

Link to list of books

Link to my ebay auctions

I've had a couple of transactions with this very honest e-bay seller

and I would highly recommend him to you all. (thumbs u

I've won a few books from this collection and was very impressed

with his grading, the bright colors on the covers, nice gloss and the

inside pages were incredible. :cloud9:

I only have good things to say about this seller and the books I've

won from this incredible collection.

Actually I had considered selling these books either on the boards, Comiclink or Pedigree. The only factor holding me back is that I've gotten some crazy prices in the past for comics of this caliber (Elmhurst collection *cough* *cough*) when putting them on ebay. I did consider signing up for GPA in order to nail down the value on the super-high grade books and then listing them here but then my dad was rushed to the hospital and now needs help paying his medical bills, prescriptions, etc. The 'bay is, IMO, a good compromise for turnaround time and prices realized.

If I had my druthers though I would be keeping all of these books :laugh: As luck may have it, I did acquire a similar collection a few weeks ago that I am sorting through. Maybe as things settle down in my life I will have the time to sort through them and sell them here, hmmmmm.....

Actually I had considered selling these books either on the boards, Comiclink or Pedigree. The only factor holding me back is that I've gotten some crazy prices in the past for comics of this caliber (Elmhurst collection *cough* *cough*) when putting them on ebay. I did consider signing up for GPA in order to nail down the value on the super-high grade books and then listing them here but then my dad was rushed to the hospital and now needs help paying his medical bills, prescriptions, etc. The 'bay is, IMO, a good compromise for turnaround time and prices realized.

If I had my druthers though I would be keeping all of these books :laugh: As luck may have it, I did acquire a similar collection a few weeks ago that I am sorting through. Maybe as things settle down in my life I will have the time to sort through them and sell them here, hmmmmm.....

Is this THEE famous Mike /Zpoint from Ebay? :grin:

Hey Mike how ya doin and welcome to the boards!

Steve/Rube11

They're coming! Listing this many books is time consuming! I estimate I'm scanning about 40 books per hour and listing said 40 in about 1.5 hours. With over 950 books to go,this is taking waaay longer than I had hoped. Hmmmmm, maybe I should just save myself the hassle and post them all here for best offer, first come, first serve :devil:

Sorry, just a little loopy from lack of sleep! So as I was saying, I should get through the "D"s by tomorrow. Some killer Brave & Bold as well as Detective coming up!

Yup, that's me. Doing well Steve, though I can't say the same for the people around me. BTW, I've been lurking around here since '02 or.....

Whatta you doing in Port Saint Lucie? Last I knew, you were in Jersey. I was just in the Port a few weeks ago for some R&R. Back home in NY now but at least the nice weather is here.

ps - Still jealous of that Flash #175 9.8 that you scored from Glen but I have to say that these books are nicer than those by a half grade or so :-D

Greggy wrote:

Send my book yet?

Yup, it was thrown to the mercy of the Canadian postal system Wed. morning along with a dump truck full of other packages zzz

:cry::(

Yup, that's me. Doing well Steve, though I can't say the same for the people around me. BTW, I've been lurking around here since '02 or.....

Whatta you doing in Port Saint Lucie? Last I knew, you were in Jersey. I was just in the Port a few weeks ago for some R&R. Back home in NY now but at least the nice weather is here.

ps - Still jealous of that Flash #175 9.8 that you scored from Glen but I have to say that these books are nicer than those by a half grade or so :-D

LONNNNNG story my friend. Will tell you one day. If you are back here let me know ahead of time and we can get together. Yeah that was a terrific collection...That 154 9.8 was also in those Flash's....

Steve

WOW Mike!! :o

You sure were correct using e-bay and the first batch of sweet

Batman books had some wild prices for raw books.

I was sniped on the Bats 189. :frustrated::pullhair: I love that cover

and want a replacement very bad.

Nice work and Good Luck with the balance of your NM Batman

books ending in a few hours. :wishluck:

Another ridiculously nice SA DC collection and no Doom Patrols in the bunch.

:frustrated:

lol

Good luck with your auctions, the books look really nice! :wishluck:

Bump

Whew! I finally listed the last of the DC books from this collection just a few minutes go. It only took me five long weeks of scanning & listing! If I find the energy, I will tackle the Marvels from this collection in a few weeks :insane:

Thanks to all of those who made purchases! I'm going to sleep for a week now.....