• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 4 Cap Am 1 Prices

30 posts in this topic

When the Hulk movie was coming out TTA # 59 was the book that seemed to get hot.

I'd say either Avengers #4 or TOS #59 or maybe Captain America #100 will be the "Hot" books on ebay. These are books most anyone could afford, Cap #1 not so much. (shrug)

Honestly? The armed forces didn't integrate Soldiers until after WWII so I'm going on a limb here and saying that this probably wouldn't be the right pick. Looking back on our country at that time, we weren't the most enlightened (not that we don't still have room to grow), and with CPT America meant to help be the spearhead to the troops at the time, I'm not sure they would have selected an African American to undergo the treatment.

Mind you, I'm just trying to look at the storyline from the perspective of the time. HOWEVER, I do have great confidence in Will Smith's ability to perform in a role along these lines, and given the times as they are, I see where the producers/director would be coming from in choosing him for the role.

Samuel L. as Nick Fury works for me (now) considering the Ultimate Universe which they will clearly be drawing from; even there, however, you don't see an African American Cap. I dunno. I guess if they ARE going to play with that part of the storyline, then I'd rather see someone like Will Smith take the role as I think he's got a great range of acting ability.

And with regards to hot issues:

Avengers 4--already a hot issue

SSGT Fury 13--tied with Avengers 4 but somehow a lesser known issue

ToS 59

Strange Tales 114--I know it's actually the Acrobat masquerading as Cap, but it still is the first time we've seen Captain America (the persona) since the GA.

Yes, let's cast a black man to play a white character.

Sigh.

When they make a movie about Black Panther, I want to see him played by Jim Carrey.

(thumbs u

My sentiments exactly... doh!

I hope Marvel is smarter than that.

Are you saying the storylines tie into each other? (Just curious as I have never read SF # 13).

I think what he meant is avengers 4 came out 3/64 and sgt fury 13 was 12/64

1st and 2nd SA Cap app

Are you saying the storylines tie into each other? (Just curious as I have never read SF # 13).

1st and 2nd SA Cap app

Except Sgt. Fury #13 takes place during WWII, Avengers #4 was modern time appearance (at least back then).

1st and 2nd SA Cap app

Except Sgt. Fury #13 takes place during WWII, Avengers #4 was modern time appearance (at least back then).

Yeah thats right. Forgot about that. I love that Sgt Fury cover. I got a lower grade one but will have to upgrade one day.

Will Smith is NOT Captain America... That rumor has been around for a couple of years and Smith himself said he did not see himself as Captain America. (He's already done a superhero movie.)

Clearly, they're bringing the original Cap back in the comics so he'll be around for the movies.

When the Hulk movie was coming out TTA # 59 was the book that seemed to get hot.

I'd say either Avengers #4 or TOS #59 or maybe Captain America #100 will be the "Hot" books on ebay. These are books most anyone could afford, Cap #1 not so much. (shrug)

You forgot Sgt Fury #13. (thumbs u With Nick Fury and Cap in the Same title. Since Samuel Jackson sign on for the Marvel Movie Deal. He will probably be the one introducing Cap to Marvel U. (thumbs u

You forgot Sgt Fury #13. (thumbs u With Nick Fury and Cap in the Same title. Since Samuel Jackson sign on for the Marvel Movie Deal. He will probably be the one introducing Cap to Marvel U. (thumbs u

No, I didn't forget. I just don't see that issue gaining that much from this movie. My bet is on Avengers #4.

No, I didn't forget. I just don't see that issue gaining that much from this movie. My bet is on Avengers #4.

Yes, I agree my bet is on Avengers #4 as well.