• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 4 Cap Am 1 Prices

30 posts in this topic

I think amongst collectors, SGT Fury 13 will see some residual; however, this movie is all about Avengers 4. I actually need to go back and give that book another read as its surprisingly a good book!

Well I dont think the movie will start back in WWII, so the relationship between Cap and Fury back then won't matter (will this mean Fury#13 wont rise?).

Look at Iron Man's origin, it was brought up to date in Afghanistan and I'm sure they will do similar with Steve Rogers (whoever plays him).

I reckon they will gave a serving soldier the super serum as part of the Avengers Initiative, with Fury leading on this.

It's pretty clear they will be referencing WWII. I've read several sources that point to the bulk of the movie occurring there and ending with the freezing, which ties into cameos already made (and cut) in hulk before his dethawing. I think the avengers series will take up after that.

So it is likely that they will focus on Fury and Cap meeting in WWII, which is what Sgt. Fury 13 is all about. (thumbs u Fury was kind of jealous watching cap in the B&W WWII movies with his girlfriend, but they met up in the war and became friends.

Well I dont think the movie will start back in WWII, so the relationship between Cap and Fury back then won't matter (will this mean Fury#13 wont rise?).

Look at Iron Man's origin, it was brought up to date in Afghanistan and I'm sure they will do similar with Steve Rogers (whoever plays him).

I reckon they will gave a serving soldier the super serum as part of the Avengers Initiative, with Fury leading on this.

It's pretty clear they will be referencing WWII. I've read several sources that point to the bulk of the movie occurring there and ending with the freezing, which ties into cameos already made (and cut) in hulk before his dethawing. I think the avengers series will take up after that.

So it is likely that they will focus on Fury and Cap meeting in WWII, which is what Sgt. Fury 13 is all about. (thumbs u Fury was kind of jealous watching cap in the B&W WWII movies with his girlfriend, but they met up in the war and became friends.

Oh right. How are they going to explain Fury? If he was in WWII and only looks in his 40's in the Iron Man movie (shrug)

I guess it might have sounded misleading to say 'focus' on their meeting. I should have said focus on the WWII era and his origins there. Clearly, it looks like bucky is in, which is more proof of that. The meeting will likely be a cameo if they do, although, good point on the logistics. Same issues came up with batman/rock crossovers. In the ultimates, bucky was an old man in this timeline, with fury as you say, not very old. Maybe there won't be a cameo then. (shrug)

The whole back-story of Fury (for 100+ issues) was that he fought during WWII with his howling commandos. It would be inevitable for them to meet then in the comic universe. But then again, fury is sam jackson now.

Go figure.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/06/08/buckys-a-safe-bet-to-appear-in-captain-america-movie-says-marvel-studios-chief/

From wiki:

"It is eventually revealed that Fury takes a special medication called the Infinity Formula that halted his aging and allows him to be active despite being nearly a century old."

Oh right. How are they going to explain Fury? If he was in WWII and only looks in his 40's in the Iron Man movie (shrug)

Well however they work it I hope they don't go down the Infinity Formula route. Think this would be too much for a general audience, but hey what do i know.

I am looking forward to the Cap film but I'm really looking forward to seeing more Fury. They could easily turn him into a Bond type character.

I'm betting the Sgt Fury #13 book will not rise as the storyline contained will not be present in the movie. I'm fairly certain in the Ultimates Universe Fury and Cap didn't first meet in WWII. The Live Action movie has the Ultimates version of Fury so I'm betting they will not follow original Marvel canon of Fury and Cap meeting in WWII.

Also someone correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the super soldier program referenced in The Incredible Hulk as being started back in WWII?

SSGT Fury 13--tied with Avengers 4 but somehow a lesser known issue

Are you saying the storylines tie into each other? (Just curious as I have never read SF # 13).

I think what he meant is avengers 4 came out 3/64 and sgt fury 13 was 12/64

1st and 2nd SA Cap app

Just to clarify, Sgt. Fury # 13 is Cap's 2nd solo x-over outside of the Avengers, not his 2nd SA appearance (see FF # 25, 26, Avengers)