• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Reborn

43 posts in this topic

In case some people didn't make it to the end of Final Crisis, here's what we were left with there:

1) Superman holding a smoldering Bat-corpse at the end of the next-to-last issue.

and

2) Bruce Wayne very much alive in the final issue, but hurled back into the distant past with Anthro.

So my prediction is Blackest Night is going to be the resurrection of whoever it was that was wearing the Bat-suit that got toasted by Darkseid. Not "our" Bruce Wayne. Then Morrison will bring back the real Batman at the end of the current Batman & Robin series. At this point, I'm at a loss how he'll do that in a way that is not too comic-booky for what should be a fairly realistic strip. (I'm still groaning over the plot where Superboy-punches-reality-until-it-pops-Jason-Todd-back-to-life.)

Based on Morrison's recent run, he'll probably revive one of those long-forgotten Bat-time-machine scenarios from the 1950s. :doh:

In case some people didn't make it to the end of Final Crisis, here's what we were left with there:

1) Superman holding a smoldering Bat-corpse at the end of the next-to-last issue.

and

2) Bruce Wayne very much alive in the final issue, but hurled back into the distant past with Anthro.

So my prediction is Blackest Night is going to be the resurrection of whoever it was that was wearing the Bat-suit that got toasted by Darkseid. Not "our" Bruce Wayne. Then Morrison will bring back the real Batman at the end of the current Batman & Robin series. At this point, I'm at a loss how he'll do that in a way that is not too comic-booky for what should be a fairly realistic strip. (I'm still groaning over the plot where Superboy-punches-reality-until-it-pops-Jason-Todd-back-to-life.)

Based on Morrison's recent run, he'll probably revive one of those long-forgotten Bat-time-machine scenarios from the 1950s. :doh:

Wasn't there some professor in the late 1940s or early 1950s Batman comics who had a time machine? That's how we got those craptastic Batman the indian chief stories and such.

Nice variant. I picked up 687 today. love Benes' pencil work...and the story line isn't too shabby either.

(thumbs u

I honestly thought it was an awesome read, the most I've enjoyed a Batbook for a long while (except for Gotham After Midnight).

Just out of curiosity... who's the new Robin now? I haven't followed Batman in a long, long time but is it still Tim Drake? How's that going to work out with D ick Grayson taking over as Bats?

Damian is the new Robin along side Grayson. Tim Drake is now Red Robin. All a bit much much for me messing about with all the titles, not that I bought Robin anyway but still...

No I didn't. I might get Dustin to draw me a Batman on a blank cover

That run on Tec was unfortunately overshadowed by Morrison's bollocks on RIP. Heart Of Hush was much better, pick it up if you can it's a great read.

Grayson has all the skills of Batman and been at it almost as long. Works much better with other heroes and is looked at with respect by all. Don't think there could be anyone else to step into Batman's boots.

Damian is the new Robin along side Grayson. Tim Drake is now Red Robin. All a bit much much for me messing about with all the titles, not that I bought Robin anyway but still...

For those of you who have not read an issue in a while, Damian is the son of Batman and Talia.

Damian was probably the most annoying character in comics when he was introduced in Son Of Batman. I didn't actually mind him too much in B&R, although I can't help think of Jason Todd whenever I read a storyline with him in.

I think it's blatantly obvious he's going to turn into a bad apple somewhere down the line unless I'm reading it wrong. Still, there's plenty of room there for character development if he's left in the right creative hands.

Damian was probably the most annoying character in comics when he was introduced in Son Of Batman.

He still is the most annoying character in comics and I'm hoping he experiences a grisly death far from a Lazarus Pit sometime soon. There was nothing wrong with Tim Drake as Robin.

Damian was probably the most annoying character in comics when he was introduced in Son Of Batman.

He still is the most annoying character in comics and I'm hoping he experiences a grisly death far from a Lazarus Pit sometime soon. There was nothing wrong with Tim Drake as Robin.

Agreed. I reckon he will end up back as Robin. Damian's going to turn into a lame-azz villain somewhere along the line, I'm pretty sure of it.