• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hmmm... What to Buy drbanner for Xmas....

26 posts in this topic

Back in the late '70's, I had a Hulk costume kit that came with inflatable muscles. You were supposed to be able to inflate the things up and show your rage by ripping your shirt.

Then your mother discovered what happened and you got grounded. laugh.gif

That would be cool CI, thanks.

The record will show that I actually do collect Hulk toys, and had one of the Ben Cooper Hulk mask/costumes, but since the box was a little torn I let it go - to Greggy if I'm not mistaken! Still looking for the '66 Hulk Aurora Model, and the Mego-ish van and helicopter from the 70's. Anyone?

Finally, in gratitude for pointing this great item out, I'm going to let a great secret out of the bag for everyone who bothers to read this thread - Gary Carter has back issues of CBM for sale, and pretty much all of them! My wife is getting #1 for me for X-mas (the only one I still need), as well as a few other upgrades. CGC-graded CBM's anyone??

I remember getting a Stretch Armstrong-type Hulk action figure (NEVER call them dolls) for Xmas once....Anyone remember those ?

You could stretch the arms and the legs for ever....

I did manage to finally break it by Duct-taping one armto the top of the stairs and hanging on and ultra-stretching the other arm...

fun toys were made to suffer...

Never saw that one, but I did have all the Hulk Megos - unfortunately now they're all in pieces!! The little rubber bands (springs?) that held the arms and legs to the torso fatigued and failed after too many battles with my collection of army men, tanks, cannons, etc.,. (Hulk vs. the Army, always a classic Hulk-theme. smile.gif )

To make it fair to the puny humans, I was able to create "super-army men" by melting 3/4/5 of them together - the trick was to melt the base just enough so you could balance the top and let it set up. I'm seeing a Toy Story III plot developing...

a little character called, Spider-Hulk?

Hey, I believe The Maestro smashed all the little Spider-people, but in the end was unable to overcome everyone's worst enemy - themselves.

I need to get Perez to do a head sketch for me of the last panel of Part I of Future Imperfect - "Dr. Banner I presume?" One of my favorite Hulk tales, and an unforgettable line! grin.gif

Well, you just better hope the Terps don't meet the Gators in the tourney this year, or it'll be a repeat of last year's Orange Bowl!

Curse You Banner! You had to go there! frown.gif I'll get you, and your little Hulk too! grin.gif

And while we're at it...I think I'm going to hold YOU personally responsible for the mess your Gator's have made with my beloved Redskins!

Chris

Well, the first issue is kinda overated because all it is basically just ads. Where is he selling these issues? I have them all but I would mind upgrading some of my subscription copies during the intial run! tongue.gif

Numbers 1 and 2 were up on eBay earlier this week. I believe the seller was none other than Gary Carter! I passed on adzine #1 for the reason you mentioned, but was contemplating a bid for #2. It went for $25. What kept me from pulling the trigger was the postage required-- $9 if I remember correctly. Just stubborn I guess. crazy.gif

I may not even read the #1 issue, but the completionist in me demands I pick it up!

You can see the list at:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~lanebro/_wsn/page2.html

There are no prices listed, so you'll have to inquire about that. Also, I think the contact info is for Lane Carter, who I'll assume is Gary's brother? Does anyone know if an index of all the CBM articles exists?

I think I'm going to hold YOU personally responsible for the mess your Gator's have made with my beloved Redskins!

Believe me, I wish it wasn't so! frown.gif

Mark your calendar for December 14 my friend, for I just took a peek at our B-ball schedule and we're coming to your house!! Should be a good game, UF is loaded this year and while we're playing short-handed right now, at least 2 of our 3 injured players should be good to go by then. Who did MD lose from the NC team?