• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America # 100

25 posts in this topic

So i was browsing through both GPA and Comic Link to see what certain books were going for and was quite taken aback by three recent sales of the above book.

A 9.6 with O/W pgs was listed in CLink in late January and sold for $2850.

A 9.6 (Boston Pedigree - pq unk.) sold per GPA in Feb for $4617.

A 9.6 (Rocky Mt white pgs) sold in early Apr for $6155.

the time spread here is only 7 weeks.

the Dollar spread is 216%.

My question is whether the huge jump is due to the time differential, the PQ difference or the RM Ped designation??

I expect it's a little bit of each but it still seems like a huge jump to me. which attribute do you believe had the most impact??

The RM designation definitely obtains a significant price bump. I was bidding on some of the Rocky Mountain ASMs during the last CLink auction and they were closing for about 2 - 2.5 times the GPA price for a non-pedigreed copy.

since I've followed Cap 100 for years, I can tell you that the prices being paid are absolutely insane. INSANE. I have less of a problem with people paying crazy prices for Avengers 4.

Now that being said, high grade Cap 100s have all but disappeared from shows.

That book is so unbelievably overpriced at 9.0 and above that it has reached the point of being humorous. Anyone paying those prices who isn't doing so for the express purpose of flipping it to the next guy at a profit is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Yup. And it's been going up steadily the last year. I was very lucky to get a nice copy a few months back. Hopefully Hulk 102 won't follow suit, I still need one of those.

You forgot to type something, fool. :gossip:

Yup. And it's been going up steadily the last year. I was very lucky to get a nice copy a few months back. Hopefully Hulk 102 won't follow suit, I still need one of those.

(shrug) Thank you to Nik?

Why's he thanking Nik? (shrug)

who%27s%20on%20first.jpg

Makes me sick. I remember 6 years or so ago seeing 2 9.8 copies on ebay. They both sold for under 2k each. I remember thinking, "Good God thats a lot of money for that book!!!" REALLY wish I would have pulled the trigger on now. I had the money then too. That add's insult to injury...Oh well. Coulda, shoulda, woulda....

since I've followed Cap 100 for years, I can tell you that the prices being paid are absolutely insane. INSANE. I have less of a problem with people paying crazy prices for Avengers 4.

Now that being said, high grade Cap 100s have all but disappeared from shows.

Brian; I guess it must be time for me to unload mine then.....I let my Avengers #4's go way too low over a year or so ago, so this may be my moment to "break even"... hm

lol

Never seen so much action to an empty statement. lol Guess it beats quoting myself Dice.

I actually was replying to about why Hulk #102 ? (No CAP , movie etc.) , but it was long and I was too lazy to retype it by the time computer issue was resolved.