• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An inexpensive way to hang your slabs

35 posts in this topic

I was at the Hobby Lobby to find maybe a more inexpensive way to hang my slabs on the wall. 50% off made getting shadow boxes a possibility at about 14.00 ea.

Then I came across these

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KFUHVW/ref=asc_df_B000KFUHVW827946?smid=A2IZRLMEJF6GXJ&tag=shopzilla_rev_1202-20&linkCode=asn

I went with a 18 1/2 radius size ran 1.99 each.

Just throwing it out there.

I use the scotch heavy duty mounting squares. They've inexpensive, REALLY strong and come off of a slab easily when you take it down. Just be aware if you pull too hard taking them off the wall you will remove the paint from the wall :-)

I use the scotch heavy duty mounting squares. They've inexpensive, REALLY strong and come off of a slab easily when you take it down. Just be aware if you pull too hard taking them off the wall you will remove the paint from the wall :-)

I was kinda weary about using those mounting square on the walls in my apt. Didn't seem like it grabbed it completely.

I mounted some slabs with the plate hangers, worked like a charm!

I have a couple of frames from www.framitagainsam.com

They're pretty good, but I also am concerned about fading, so I put some up for a while, but took them down, especially for the summer.

They're pretty good, but I also am concerned about fading, so I put some up for a while, but took them down, especially for the summer.

Me too - I love those frames. And at $15/frame, you really can't go wrong ...

cbr-main5.jpg

cbr-main5.jpg

Man, I love your room design. That is the tops for any collector to be that organized and have such an amazing display area.

cbr-main5.jpg

Wow, great Setup Mike!

What are you a Virgo or something? The spacing and layout looks perfect!

Anything that produces UV rays can fade the books. That includes most ambient light sources, sunlight, UV air cleaners, halogen light bulbs and all fluorescent bulbs. Even traditional incandescent bulbs can fade colors but not as much as some other sources. The fact is any light source can in time affect fading to some degree ( albeit small) but it is the UV that has the most impact on colors. If you use UV filtered plexiglass in the frames, there will be less chance of an issue.

That's impossible... No-one can hang pictures that straight! :o

Beautiful display and books :applause:

There are a lot of nail holes behind the pictures :gossip:

The nice thing about my comic book rooms is that they're in the basement and have no windows - so all I need to worry about is the overhead lights. Which I, of course, turn off when I'm not down there.

Well here are a couple pics of how the Plate Hangers worked out. I love the frames from Frameitagain but in a pinch this worked out nicely.

For the cost of one frame I was able to put up about 8 books. As you can see they are versatile enough to hang jewel cases as well

CIMG3387.jpg

CIMG3388.jpg

Well here are a couple pics of how the Plate Hangers worked out. I love the frames from Frameitagain but in a pinch this worked out nicely.

For the cost of one frame I was able to put up about 8 books. As you can see they are versatile enough to hang jewel cases as well

CIMG3387.jpg

CIMG3388.jpg

Nicely done.

I still like the shadow boxes though as it really makes the CGC cases stand out. But your Valiants really look sharp!