• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SGT. Fury #13 Need some opinions on this one!!!!!!

32 posts in this topic

I just got this today. I am real happy with it. I want to CGC it, but I paid so much for it, that unless it hits a certain grade or higher, it's not cost effective. What do you think the grade is? Pages are Off-white. There are 2 spine creases in the yellow that Don't break color.

image76-1.jpg

image76a.jpg

From the photos and the extra description you provided, it appears to be a 9.2/9.4 copy.

The reason I didn't grade higher is because of the rub across the upper left-hand side that looks white, what appears to be a light corner tap to the lower right-hand side, and the spine stress lines.

I don't know, that top left corner is making me think 9.0/9.2. Damn sharp copy of one of my favorite SA covers! Nice. If you're going to keep it in your collection I'd go ahead and slab that puppy just for protection and resto check.

I don't know, that top left corner is making me think 9.2. Damn sharp copy of one of my favorite SA covers! Nice. If you're going to keep it in your collection I'd go ahead and slab that puppy just for protection and resto check.

I was thinking the same thing until I got this one back from CGC. Look at the TLC. Now I'm not sure what to think!!! (shrug)

image62c.jpg

I don't know, that top left corner is making me think 9.2. Damn sharp copy of one of my favorite SA covers! Nice. If you're going to keep it in your collection I'd go ahead and slab that puppy just for protection and resto check.

I was thinking the same thing until I got this one back from CGC. Look at the TLC. Now I'm not sure what to think!!! (shrug)

Yup, that's why I felt 9.2/9.4 as after buying enough CGC 9.4's over the past year I learned my standard was extremely tough on raw books.

This is a minimum 9.2 unless you bought it from someone on eBay going by the username robojoe - then it's a 9.6 tops. :insane:

Well, I think I'm going to submit it. An 8.5 was not going to get it done, but the concensus seems to be about a 9.2 with a possible shot at a 9.4. A 9.0 would put it right at about even $, unless the demand goes up all of a sudden.

I've submitted two copies of this book and received grades of 8.5 and 9.0.

IMHO your book is better than either of mine. I believe it is definitely worthy of a submission and will get at least a 9.2 . The OW pages may hold it back on a borderline 9.2/9.4 .

Well, I think I'm going to submit it. An 8.5 was not going to get it done, but the concensus seems to be about a 9.2 with a possible shot at a 9.4. A 9.0 would put it right at about even $, unless the demand goes up all of a sudden.

If a 9.0 will put you at break even money, slab that puppy. It's at the very least a 9.0 judging from some of the 9.0's I've seen. I'm with the consensus of 9.2 on this.

I just got this today. I am real happy with it. I want to CGC it, but I paid so much for it, that unless it hits a certain grade or higher, it's not cost effective. What do you think the grade is? Pages are Off-white. There are 2 spine creases in the yellow that Don't break color.

Q: Did you buy it from a reputable source? hm

image62c.jpg

:frustrated: