• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery Comics

37 posts in this topic

I wanted to get more information and learn about this series. It seems like people prefer the early Schomburg covers but not the later issues.

Are the later issues 70-91 still collectible and do they rise in price as the earlier issues? Or are the earlier issues the better ones to get from an investment and collectible standpoint?

I have noticed issues from 70-91 grade out in the CGC 7.5 or higher range. Does this mean there are more of those in existence because they were well preserved?

Thanks.

Earlier issues are defintely a better investment but I think everyone should at least own a copy of #92 somewhere along the way. I think prices for issues 70-91 are pretty flat the last few years because most of them are easy to acquire and there are defintely more copies available (or at least from what I've seen). Investment wise I don't think they are the best buy and hold kind of books.

I personally enjoy the early 1-10 books...#5 and 9 are my favorites of course...#15 is a great cover...I've never really liked the covers after #15 for some reason..maybe because all those Torch/Toro covers all start looking alike...still a great run to have...you won't loose on Timely's Flag ship title...

I personally enjoy the early 1-10 books...#5 and 9 are my favorites of course...#15 is a great cover...I've never really liked the covers after #15 for some reason..maybe because all those Torch/Toro covers all start looking alike...still a great run to have...you won't loose on Timely's Flag ship title...

lots and lots of great covers after 15. when did you "loose" your taste? i'm thinking you have a screw loose.

lots and lots of great covers after 15. when did you "loose" your taste? i'm thinking you have a screw loose.

I can see Ben's argument here,take this crummy cover for example :insane:

mm25.jpg

I can see Ben's argument here,take this crummy cover for example :insane:

mm25.jpg

Yes, Russ :) 25 doesn't do anything for me..but, correct, the interior Everett Subbies are really good across the board....Parker, I've never owned a Marvel Mystery past #15 doh! so maybe a few bolts do need to be tightened lol actually, I take that back, I did own #77 about 13 years ago--the finish line cover with Subby's HUGE triangular head :insane:

And I guess I will toss this issue 26 into the dust bin and my K copy.

2078212643_bb5771c2d6.jpg

2231433747_536240259c_b.jpg

I like the issues with Miss America stories. The art is usually better for the Torch in the later issues. Everett was still the best on Subby.

Oh the humanity, stop please! :grin:

i know it's tough to take all these dogs but..

mm20.jpg

(tsk) Stop posting such drek

I'm going to leave a garbage can outside your house for you to deposit them..........