• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transformers 2 - Biggest Movie this Summer

32 posts in this topic

I just came back from the Austrian Press Screening of Transformers 2: This movie is AWSOME. If you liked Part 1 you will love this one. It's incredible how many robots they put in this movie, a whole army of Transformers. The effects and the action are stunning. And wait until you see the Devastator.

Transformers 2 ist the winner of the summer action-blockbuster 2009.

Over and out.

I just came back from the Austrian Press Screening of Transformers 2: This movie is AWSOME. If you liked Part 1 you will love this one. It's incredible how many robots they put in this movie, a whole army of Transformers. The effects and the action are stunning. And wait until you see the Devastator.

Transformers 2 ist the winner of the summer action-blockbuster 2009.

Over and out.

dancing-banana-large.gifdancing-banana-large.gifdancing-banana-large.gifdancing-banana-large.gif

Yaaaaaaaay!

Alas, I heard this may be the last one from Michael Bay. He no longer wants to do big budget blockbusters.

Not true

Apparently he just wants to take a break from movies for a while

Yaaaaaaaay!

Alas, I heard this may be the last one from Michael Bay. He no longer wants to do big budget blockbusters.

Not true

Now wait a minute. He was just on the phone with BL and made it very clear...

:insane:

Yaaaaaaaay!

That's like a dog taking a break from licking itself.

I just can't see that happening.

C

Am I the only one completely apathetic about this? meh

YES

:sorry:

ROM: Space Knight will be out soon, so hold on.

:banana:

let's face it, the only reason you guys are going to see this is for the possibility of a Megan Fox nipple slip.

Am I the only one completely apathetic about this? meh

i wouldn't go see this with someone else's money. rotten tomatoes bomb = box office home run. never underestimate the intelligence of the american consumer

I'm with you guys.

I thought the first movie stunk. Megan Fox's hot little body was the only redeeming quality of the flick.

Yaaaaaaaay!

Not true

Ugh, you guys are such noobs sometimes. Start reading Oh No They Didn't.

"Michael Bay has made his last Transformers movie - the director is set to quit the action franchise because he has "had enough" of making big budget blockbusters.

The filmmaker helmed the original 2007 movie and returned this year with its sequel - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

But Bay, who is known for his explosive action sequences, is sick of receiving negative reviews from critics who dislike his movie-making style and is determined to move away from the genre.

He says, "It's easy to go shoot an art movie in a winery in the South of France. But people have no idea how hard it is to create something like Transformers. They (the critics) review me before they've even seen the movie."

And Bay admits that if film bosses give the go ahead for a third Transformers movie, they will have to find a different director.

He adds, "After the three and a half years I've spent making these movies, I feel like I've had enough of the Transformers world.

"I need to do something totally divergent, something without any explosions.""

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/36361982.html

(Do I believe him? No. Everyone loves money!)

My wife is more into Revolutionary Road type fare than Transformers but she said she thought Dark Knight was awesome and after more than a year of its dvd release finally watched Transformers and thought it was pretty cool.

The other night she agreed to go on a dinner date with me to be followed up with a viewing of Transformers 2. I'm slowly geeking her out.

Ugh, you guys are such noobs sometimes. Start reading Oh No They Didn't.

Ugh, I hope you don't get all your news from a Livejournal. ;)

BTW, three clicks away from your 'source' led me to this which directly refutes the article you posted. Who's right? Who knows.

Noob. :D

:baiting:

let's face it, the only reason you guys are going to see this is for the possibility of a Megan Fox nipple slip.

Sorry, no nipple slips, but some nice butt shots.

And yes, Transformers is no arthouse movie but it's good entertainment.

Compared to this movie, Wolverine and Terminator Salvation look like direct-to-video movies.

My summer blockbuster 2009 list so far (only the big budget movies):

1. Transformers 2

2. Star Trek

3. Terminator

4. Wolverine

Haven't seen Angel & Demons, so I can't rate this one.

Sorry, no nipple slips, but some nice butt shots.

And yes, Transformers is no arthouse movie but it's good entertainment.

Compared to this movie, Wolverine and Terminator Salvation look like direct-to-video movies.

My summer blockbuster 2009 list so far (only the big budget movies):

1. Transformers 2

2. Star Trek

3. Terminator

4. Wolverine

Haven't seen Angel & Demons, so I can't rate this one.

I'd put Up and Hangover in there. As far as blockbusters go, I would have to include those since Up has already out-grossed Wolvie and Terminator. Hangover is closing in on Terminator very quickly.

I wasn't excited about Transformers at all but if it is better than Star Trek, I'll definitely check it out.