• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Payment Overdue Notice - Does ComicLink EVER read their emails

81 posts in this topic

Just a passing thought:

Comic Link has grown tremendously - they hired a few extra people and are going to open a Maine Branch(?)...

They do a good job overall.

CAL who buys there a lot

They wouldn't have to talk us off a ledge if they just replied to emails...

Well, no, I was just referring to talking to customers in general, not CLink specifically.

No one EVER calls unless there's a problem. ;)

Well, if its any solace to you; I haven't been PAID for two books that sold on the 'link for over 5 weeks now! I simply don't know how you stay in business with this level of service? lack of competent competition? You'd think sooner, or later, this type of protocol of non-action would catch up to a business...perhaps not :(

You never know maybe your two books are two of the three books that I have been trying to pay for but have not been able to get them to charge my credit card for. hm

If they are either an ASM, DD or SGT Fury they might be.

Hello to all of my/our constructive criticizers,

I HEAR YOU! One of the major upgrades that I am making for ComicLink is in hiring in order to better accommodate our current and anticipated future level of volume. As one board member posted here, in addition to retaining our current NYC office location, we are adding additional office space in a new location (Portland, ME). The additional office space is a long time coming and I am very excited about it. I have hired as many people as possible in the current location and we actually don't have any more room in our current office space to fit one more employee!

One of the major improvements that will happen as a result of the decision to hire more people, and the one that I am excited about most of all, is that there will be a vast improvement in email response time. I am hoping that within the next few months, this improvement will be clear to those emailing us. In fact, I think you will see a big difference.

Until then, if you have a time sensitive request, contacting us by phone is definitely a method that has the effect of "setting you apart" from the many other emails in our inbox. Of course, that is not to say that answering a particular phone call is more important than addressing a particular email. It is just the way it works, as someone "has to" answer the phone, and I have staff here generally between 9:00AM and 7PM weekdays.

Another thing to note about email -- sometimes good mail gets marked as spam and we don't see it. So, if there is ever a case where we don't respond your emails on matters important or time sensitive to you, please do call. That may also be the reason.

Thanks,

Josh Nathanson, President

http://www.comiclink.com

I am glad to hear that ComicLink will be increasing their staff so that customer service issues will be handled more efficiently and effectively and email will go back to being answered.

As the thread starter on Friday night (EST) I should note that when I got up this morning (Monday night EST) there was an email in my box with a FEDEX tracking number from Josh and my credit card had been charged so this particular issue that had been outstanding for a couple weeks was solved in one business day.

I don't know. My typical experience with CLink has been good. I have had to wait for a book once longer than I wanted, but it wasn't an auction item - so I figured it had two transits to make. One time I had a billing error with CLink I called immediately on the phone and it was handled in a couple hours to my complete satisfaction.

Barring any future changes that I find unsatisfactory, I will be a loyal customer for the forseeable future.

Lee K

Thanks Josh.

Now, since I am to lazy to call, and it is 11:30 at night, I will just post here.

It is nice to know that the email problem is being addressed.

However, what about our other problems we asked about as well, such as no confirmation that our credit cards were charged and being left in the dark about our order status?

I have won many auctions and have always received my books, I just never know anything that is going on with the order. They just magically show up at my door a month or so later, long after I have forgotten about even winning them.

Arcade-

After your orders are charged, you are also sent tracking information via email that they are shipped, since these two tasks are done in conjunction with each other. So, the tracking information serves both to notify you that your card was charged and that your orders have been shipped. If you haven't been getting these notifications, you may want to check your junk mail folder.

-Josh

Thanks. I have no junk email folder.

But I will check in my deleted folder again.

However I do not believe I have ever gotten a credit card confirmation or shipping confirmation either on any of my orders.

I do appreciate that you have taken the time to come on here and address concerns.

Thanks again.

Thanks. I have no junk email folder.

But I will check in my deleted folder again.

However I do not believe I have ever gotten a credit card confirmation or shipping confirmation either on any of my orders.

I do appreciate that you have taken the time to come on here and address concerns.

Thanks again.

got mine today.....

UPS Ship Notification :banana:

Josh,

Just an FYI... I have NEVER received an email to say that my order has shipped, and I've purchased many books from CLink. And I check my junk mail regularly.

Andrew

I can't remember, but when setting up your comiclink account you can choose which type of emails you get? (shrug)

FWIW, when CLink ships my order I get an automated email, through UPS with a tracking number. There's no info on what book(s) is being shipped but the email states the following:

This message was sent to you at the request of ComicLink Services to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact ComicLink Services directly.

I can't remember, but when setting up your comiclink account you can choose which type of emails you get? (shrug)

FWIW, when CLink ships my order I get an automated email, through UPS with a tracking number.

I'm getting old and my memory is failing me, but your post triggered something in the far recesses of my mind. I HAVE received shipment emails - but not from Comiclink. I looked through all my old CLink emails, and none of them were shipment notifications. But that's because they didn't come from CLink. They came from Fedex. (Just like your notifications came from UPS, not CLink.)

doh!

I apologize to Josh, to the board, and to anyone else who would appreciate having a Canuck grovelling at their feet for a few moments.