• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Former PLOD FF2 goes for $1,200

31 posts in this topic

Duh, of course. Sorry boss. I'll rememba' dat next time! But you are soooo right. It's a system that protects the corrupt, and apparently intimidates those who try to spread the alarm.

can't agree more - Private Feedback is a freakin joke!!! if you think about it, it's just a way to hide the specifics of your bad selling actions. i mean, we can still see the raw numbers, but if restoration was the reason for your 4 negs out of a thousand feedbacks, i'd still think twice about buying a raw high grade from you.

i still can't believe that comic keys only has 4 negs based on what i've been hearing. it seems possible that there are dozens (hundreds?) of buyers who may not be aware of what they've purchased over the past few years.

the current auction is such a point-in-fact; a 9.8 ASM #122 that could go for $6000 if slabbed, may sell for less than half of that. WHY NOT SLAB IT, you say?????? 893frustrated.gif

I still can't believe the money some of his books go for. Restoration aside what are the odds that something advertised as a 9.8 raw will actually get a 9.8 from CGC. That ASM 122 sold for $2300. You can get a slabbed 9.6 for less than half of that. It just doesn't make any sense. I wonder how many of his auctions are won by shills?

can't agree more - Private Feedback is a freakin joke!!!

Worse than private feedback is ebays policy of making feedback damnably difficult to reverse. So many folks HAVE bought books that, to an eye not sharply attuned to restoration or grading, seem just great and positive feedback is left. Then they either try getting them slabbed or show them to a knowledable friend who points out the errors of their wway but it is too late. The best that can be done is a negative feedback comment that won't show up in the feedback tally. A really disgusting situation.

maybe we can inquire eBay to see if his feedback is what he is saying in the auctions and ask him to change auction description if not accurate...

When did private auctions come about? I think private feedback was instituted recently, no?

Not really sure - I have not done a whole lot on ebay lately. I don;t know. I miss buying a book AFTER i can actually look at it so I store my $$$ for live events. frown.gif

Purple Label of Doom (or Death). The color label you get from CGC when the book you have submitted is deemed to have been restored.

I was posting for two weeks before I got up enough nerve to ask that question!

Welcome to the boards! thumbsup2.gif27_laughing.gif

my thoughts, exactly.

what's the likelihood that any sellers 9.8 would be deemed that worthy by CGC??

if any reputable seller missed their grading by just that smidgen of .2 on that book, the CGC'd value actually drops from an average of $6000 to $1300 (less than a quarter - based on the eight 9.6's in the GPA analysis).

so even if the seller didn't restore the book in question, if it comes back a 9.6, someone loses a quick $1000...........and the seller really doesn't have to do a thing since no guarantees are made or implied.

now that's ballsy bidding............ 893whatthe.gif

[they don't call me BURNT BOY for nothing...........]