• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beware! Seller name change on Ebay!

55 posts in this topic

Admit it, you are the devil incarnate! devil.gif

Darth-devil? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif looks like it's time for an eBay name change...I'll be "cgc-comics" instead tongue.gif

How about "stckwzrd's # 1 customer"? confused-smiley-013.gif

How about stckwzrd now that he's adopted a new name? It'll be an identity debacle, the likes of which ebay has never seen...actually if I did take his former handle, stckwzrd would ACTUALLY be selling MINT 9.8 and 9.8 books for the first time...:P

Just out of curiosity, I ran a seller search on CGC name variants and quickly found on the first 8 tries:

CGC10

CGCMint

CGC

CGC_Comics

CGCComics

besides this sellers name now changed to CGC*Comics, so I would have to imagine that the use of the letters CGC has never been a bone of contention in the past. Will all of these Ebay members be taken to task and be requested to change their names or does this policy of speaking to Ebay about disallowing the letters CGC in a name only apply to the former Stockwizzard? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think Steve B.'s bone of contention with it is cgc*comics trying to make the dubious claim that his grading skills have been approved by CGC and as a result, they've been granted CGC dealership status, which is not the case. I don't know if there is anything wrong with having "CGC" in your handle - it may be the initials of your name - it's the misrepresentation of the seller to affiliate themself with the company that would get CGC and their legal counsel involved.

I think that Ebay seems to be one of those rare places where using an established trade name has been permissible and not been subject to copywright infringement.

For instance, I just ran some searches and turned up Ebay members named:

MarvelComics

DCComics

FordMotors

Obviously, in some venues if you tried representing yourself with names like these, there would definitely be an issue made.

Of course cgc*comics is "not cool" with me or CGC. We will be talking to ebay about this.

Also, I have NEVER approved anyone for dealership based on their grading skills, he is a submitter/dealer like anyone else based on their application.

Go get the scumbag POS!!! sumo.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Of course cgc*comics is "not cool" with me or CGC. We will be talking to ebay about this.

Also, I have NEVER approved anyone for dealership based on their grading skills, he is a submitter/dealer like anyone else based on their application.

Still bitter? tongue.gif

Still bitter? tongue.gif

Wow Greg, took you all of 10 seconds to rub it in. mad.gif

Still bitter? tongue.gif

Wow Greg, took you all of 10 seconds to rub it in. mad.gif

You know that I will always be here for you! grin.gif

This is how new ebayers can be driven away from the hobby by scum like him.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=davisk1000

He negged this guy 12 times for his gross overgrading? I can't believe that people have the mentality of "I am only paying reader copy prices so it isn't a big deal" approach. 893naughty-thumb.gif

This is how new ebayers can be driven awawy from the hobby by scum like him.

He negged this guy 12 times for his gross overgrading? I can't believe that people have the mentality of "I am only paying reader copy prices so it isn't a big deal" approach. 893naughty-thumb.gif

The worst thing about that is the buyer only gave him NEUTRALS! He's the worst seller ever.

This is how new ebayers can be driven awawy from the hobby by scum like him.

The worst thing about that is the buyer only gave him NEUTRALS! He's the worst seller ever.

Yeah, he should have Neutraled him and held 11 back for negs just in case this happened.

mad.gif

This is how new ebayers can be driven away from the hobby by scum like him.

Amen to that! I can't believe Darth has no qualms about ordering from this complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person and justify it because the prices are cheap. He's a scam artist plain and simple and is also a keyword spammer. But it's OK to report some guy who emails him regarding a book for sale? confused-smiley-013.gif

Amen to that! I can't believe Darth has no qualms about ordering from this complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person and justify it because the prices are cheap. He's a scam artist plain and simple and is also a keyword spammer. But it's OK to report some guy who emails him regarding a book for sale? confused-smiley-013.gif

Do we have to dance this dance again? I don't think the guy was a newbie buyer from looking at his past feedback - he knows where to go for real NM/MT books (right here gossip.gifacclaim.gif ) - he clearly had an agenda - looking back at Glen's recent feedback I see many who have given him positive feedback for his service and called his grading questionable in the feedback but Glen did not retaliate with a neg. Maybe this buyer went overboard like Rocketeer's buyer? confused-smiley-013.gif No one knows but Glen and that buyer...

I buy from Glen because he has cheap reader copies I like to flip (at the right grade) mind you, but he has always come thru on the seller side. Yes the keyword spamming is excessive but I know what I'm getting when I bid.

I don't ask people to report spammers, I just brought that example here to show how eBay screwed up. And I never go out and recommend that others buy from Glen because of his grading...

If you are still bitter with Glen, please keep it between you two. I don't sell overgraded books but if there was a seller that offered the same package as Glen did for the books I wanted at those prices and shipping, then please show me so I can go bid there too.