• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time for a pressing anectdote . . .

104 posts in this topic

DiceX, you come up with the most wickedly creepy avatars.

I miss the one from toy story and that evil eye shift.

We need a best avatar poll

I have a folder full of them. I have to change them up so I don't get bored. :acclaim:

Will you guys kiss and make up?

...or get better at insults...

Jeez! :cry:

No, not Jeez, Jesus . . . :grin:

jesus%2Bdog%2Bass.jpghm

Will you guys kiss and make up?

...or get better at insults...

Jeez! :cry:

No, not Jeez, Jesus . . . :grin:

jesus%2Bdog%2Bass.jpghm

That is the funniest post I've seen for a while.

Kenny,

I guess if I was in Davids shoes, most likely I would never out one of my friends in public.

With that said, if I was David, this thread would have never surfaced as the only place it would be heading into would be disaster.

You have one forumite that does not approve of pressing and another forumite who does not dis-approve of pressing trying to justify their side.

The back and forth name calling from grown men is more disturbing then what actually happened to the book doh!

Kenny,

I guess if I was in Davids shoes, most likely I would never out one of my friends in public.

With that said, if I was David, this thread would have never surfaced as the only place it would be heading into would be disaster.

You have one forumite that does not approve of pressing and another forumite who does not dis-approve of pressing trying to justify their side.

The back and forth name calling from grown men is more disturbing then what actually happened to the book doh!

Oh c'mon Nik. This has nothing to do with anyone trying to justify a position. It has to do with David making a thread lamenting the loss of a HG book due to being badly pressed by a fellow boardie. But because the presser was a buddy of his he felt it not important to tell everyone who it was.

I disagreed with that decision because other board members bought badly damaged books from the same sales thread, and people will probably buy more heat smashed books from Hooks again if not made aware this happened.

If David didn't want this to be public knowledge then he should not have brought it up in the first place. And as I read it there was no back and forth name calling unless you consider me telling him to "man up" name calling.

In the end this isn't about me or David. It is about what Brian did, and that seems to have got lost in the shuffle for some reason.

But if David and Steve don't care they bought damaged goods then I won't either.

As much as I enjoy the passion everyone has for the hobby lets end this OK guys?

bhooks has been outed and all parties that purchased books from him have been educated/alerted to what is going on.

On a seperate note...anyone who has a book like this please let me know. If I can correct any of the damages, or you feel it could be corrected let me know and I will work on them for you.

p.s. If Jesus were to make an appearance I can think of a bazillion other venue's he could choose doh!

I can't say that I've ever seen a book that was poorly pressed. I'm sure I have bought some pressed books, but they don't exhibit any telltale signs like the ones you described, David. I echo the sentiment that visuals would be helpful.

Cheezy,

I was the unfortunate purchaser of a poorly pressed book. Visuals don't help because I tried to scan said book and it just doesnt show in the scan. But, imagine if you will falling asleep with one side of your face on a blanket with a textured pattern. Then, after waking up and going to the mirror say, 15-20 mins later, you have the ever-so-slight indentation of that pattern still in your face. That's what it is like on the back cover of my book. Also, the covers feel slightly rougher than they should (esp. the back).

This is a close up photo of a typical foam insert in the bottom of a heat laminate type press. It sounds likes hooks was not even putting anything between the comic and press when he pressed it. :(

DSC07966.jpg

So what do you put between the book and that "pad" to prevent this sort of thing from occuring? I recall in the old pressing thread something about release paper, but it doesn't seem like a simple sheet of paper is going to keep that pattern from being imprinted on the book (shrug)

This thread is disturbing and disappointing on so many levels and is about as useful as a bag of cholera. Buried in the Grading and Resto subforum, no one is going to read it. :(

This is a close up photo of a typical foam insert in the bottom of a heat laminate type press. It sounds likes hooks was not even putting anything between the comic and press when he pressed it. :(

So what do you put between the book and that "pad" to prevent this sort of thing from occuring? I recall in the old pressing thread something about release paper, but it doesn't seem like a simple sheet of paper is going to keep that pattern from being imprinted on the book (shrug)

Whatever you want for lunch, like, let's say, a grilled cheese sammich.

This thread is disturbing and disappointing on so many levels and is about as useful as a bag of cholera. Buried in the Grading and Resto subforum, no one is going to read it. :(

Sean, I couldn't agree more. I'm just really bummed out to see something like this going on especially with all of the garbage emerging out of the Sales Marketplace as of late. What the heck... :tonofbricks: