• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chew 9.9 or 10.0?

340 posts in this topic

But seriously, are there any MA books other then Goon :foryou: that could someday be a TMNT #1?

Apart from the Avatar Goon #1, I can only think of the Mouse Guard #1 Comixpress edition. Just 250 copies printed, no pre-hype, no instant flood of CGC'ed copies.

I guess it all depends on whether Mouse Guard crosses to over a non-comic book audience (like Bone has) - I think it certainly has a shot.

But seriously, are there any MA books other then Goon :foryou: that could someday be a TMNT #1?

Walking Dead obviously commands a lot of cash.... when/if it becomes a TV series (heck, they already have 60something episodes written), thagt could create that staying power. Obviously it doesn't have that sort of "character" appeal where Goon or TNMT or Hellboy can be trotted out with new stories, once Kirkman, et al. are tired of the zombie plots it will be over. Seriously, maybe they can do 200 issues, who knows.... Big bucks though will tend to go toward the lower print run type books. Couldn't have been that low for WD 1 as an Image #1.

Big bucks though will tend to go toward the lower print run type books. Couldn't have been that low for WD 1 as an Image #1.

A little bit over 7,000. Still a small run, but larger than some of the other titles mentioned in this thread.

Do you mean an indy published somewhere between '90 and today that shot to the mainstream by way of Hollywood?

Take it to PM, silly nannies. :baiting:

Yea and also can we start talking about CHEW 9.9 and 10.0s again?? Im loving the WD #1 discussion having owning 3 #1 9.8s at the moment. but im having a chew #1 delimma.

i was offered a Chew #1 9.9 1st print CGC SS for $252 as a second chance offer on ebay. Should i bite on it?

Sorry for contributing in turning this into a WD 9.9 discussion....

As for your dilemma, I would not pay more than $175-$200 max for a 9.9 SS of Chew #1. There are just too many 9.9's already, and, with only three issues out, who knows if the book will continue in popularity. I love it so far, and have a 9.8 SS collection going of Chew, but I personally can't see dropping that coin in a 9.9 #1 just yet 2c

Do you mean an indy published somewhere between '90 and today that shot to the mainstream by way of Hollywood?

No, I am asking, is there any MA books at all, in any genre, any publisher, because of low print run, because of a popular character, popular creator, whatever the reason is, that could some day be as sought after and valuable as a TMNT 1?

No, I am asking, is there any MA books at all, in any genre, any publisher, because of low print run, because of a popular character, popular creator, whatever the reason is, that could some day be as sought after and valuable as a TMNT 1?

Goon #1 and Bone #1 are the only heavy-hitters I can think of that would fit into the TMNT mold.

Take it to PM, silly nannies. :baiting:

Yea and also can we start talking about CHEW 9.9 and 10.0s again?? Im loving the WD #1 discussion having owning 3 #1 9.8s at the moment. but im having a chew #1 delimma.

i was offered a Chew #1 9.9 1st print CGC SS for $252 as a second chance offer on ebay. Should i bite on it?

didn't you ask this same questions yesterday. only you can answer that...but if you have spare cash and your obviously toying strongly with the idea of owning it, then go for it buddy! :banana:

yea i asked it yesterday but i didnt really get a response then it turned into the WD discussion. Thanks

Did you end up buying it?

haha no i ended up passing on it. I have 2 9.8 first prints and a 9.8 SS so im content on that. i was just getting greedy. However some Raw Chew #1s on ebay ended at around $55. so who knows about the chew market....

less than 7 hours on the walking dead 9.9!