• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chew 9.9 or 10.0?

340 posts in this topic

And I'm trying not to let my baby girl coming (in the next week) weigh in on my decision. Could end up paying for college!!

hey...i recognise your user name. didn't you come to my house once and buy a NYX # 1 at 9.8???

Burlington? NYX #3?

Hi Jeff :hi:

Ok - not fair. I could drive your house but I suck with names. Were'nt you trying to get a group together to buy direct from Diamond?

er, yes...i was lookiing at buying one of the $700,000 townhouse units down on lakeshore with the store attached to open a comic store. The wife however said "No!". (Her exact words were "Are you out of your in mind?") (and its Paul)

And I'm trying not to let my baby girl coming (in the next week) weigh in on my decision. Could end up paying for college!!

hey...i recognise your user name. didn't you come to my house once and buy a NYX # 1 at 9.8???

Burlington? NYX #3?

Hi Jeff :hi:

Ok - not fair. I could drive your house but I suck with names. Were'nt you trying to get a group together to buy direct from Diamond?

er, yes...i was lookiing at buying one of the $700,000 townhouse units down on lakeshore with the store attached to open a comic store. The wife however said "No!". (Her exact words were "Are you out of your in mind?") (and its Paul)

Hey Paul

I guess I sent my reply right when your wife added her opinion. I never heard back. I did end up getting a discount from my LCS so all's well. Did you sell that Captain America - I believe the 1st appearance?

The other important aspect of the Cerebus #1, TMNT #1, and Bone #1 that each shares and helps keep prices sky high is that the cover colors are at least half black (don't know what the back covers look like for the Cerebus or TMNT, but the B #1 is 95% dark). It's almost a right of passage. ;)

I'm not trying to nitpick, but I believe the cheap cover stock contributes far more than the color scheme. Ink transfer, fingerprints, and spine ticking abounds.

Take it to PM, silly nannies. :baiting:

Yea and also can we start talking about CHEW 9.9 and 10.0s again?? Im loving the WD #1 discussion having owning 3 #1 9.8s at the moment. but im having a chew #1 delimma.

i was offered a Chew #1 9.9 1st print CGC SS for $252 as a second chance offer on ebay. Should i bite on it?

Back to the subject. Does everyone have their Chew 9.9 and 10.0's packed away?

Yep, they're in my storage unit, right next to 10K copies of Spawn #1 and McFarlane Spider-Man #1.

Yea and also can we start talking about CHEW 9.9 and 10.0s again?? Im loving the WD #1 discussion having owning 3 #1 9.8s at the moment. but im having a chew #1 delimma.

i was offered a Chew #1 9.9 1st print CGC SS for $252 as a second chance offer on ebay. Should i bite on it?

didn't you ask this same questions yesterday. only you can answer that...but if you have spare cash and your obviously toying strongly with the idea of owning it, then go for it buddy! :banana:

I'd vote yes. If it does happen to take off anywhere close to WD then a 9.9 would sell for a WD 9.8 atleast. Then again I paid $550 for my Chew collection so what do I know.

didn't you ask this same questions yesterday. only you can answer that...but if you have spare cash and your obviously toying strongly with the idea of owning it, then go for it buddy! :banana:

yea i asked it yesterday but i didnt really get a response then it turned into the WD discussion. Thanks

The other important aspect of the Cerebus #1, TMNT #1, and Bone #1 that each shares and helps keep prices sky high is that the cover colors are at least half black (don't know what the back covers look like for the Cerebus or TMNT, but the B #1 is 95% dark). It's almost a right of passage. ;)

I'm not trying to nitpick, but I believe the cheap cover stock contributes far more than the color scheme. Ink transfer, fingerprints, and spine ticking abounds.

hm , the combination of the two makes it what it is, I think.