• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you BUY IT NOW!

12 posts in this topic

For the eBay shoppers among us....

Wandering through the 'bay, looking for covers or splashes, it seems that the most interesting pieces (hey, almost all the covers) are all BUY IT NOW! at a price higher than I'd pay.

Think the sellers are anxious about letting the market determine the price? And are there any BUY IT NOW! deals out there?

There can be deals. Sometimes a cover or page will have a BIN just above the opening price and I have jumped at a few of those. Many times the BIN for pieces in a person's ebay store. Alot of stuff just sits if the BIN is high. But if you really want that piece it might be worth it to pay a bit more. Just depends on the piece.

As an occasional seller on ebay; the buy it now is used more and more because it costs 35cents to list an item. You pay a tad more with a buy it now listing in fees if it sells, but at least you are not hit with the big bucks upfront. It is a tricky proposition though as many of the overpriced recurring listings are buy it now (also because of low initial fees) so there is a tendency to get mixed up with those.

As an occasional seller on ebay; the buy it now is used more and more because it costs 35cents to list an item. You pay a tad more with a buy it now listing in fees if it sells, but at least you are not hit with the big bucks upfront. It is a tricky proposition though as many of the overpriced recurring listings are buy it now (also because of low initial fees) so there is a tendency to get mixed up with those.

The cheapest listing is to start an auction at $.99 (or even $.01) with no reserve... hm

I have been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of some great deals from BIN. A KJ prelim, my First appearance Batgirl Splash, my Scud page, and most recently my USM Bagley Ultimate Deadpool splash. Not from the regular BIN people like coollines or satchj5 (sp) or anything, but usually from other collector's...

When selling, I occasionally use BIN at a price slightly above what I expect it would go for, just to get that person that really wants it and will pay slightly more to know they will get it as opposed to risking not getting it by $10 or so... Hey, it works on me when I buy...

I usually use a high BIN in auction format (the cheapest method in terms of final value fees) and mention in the auction that I accept offers and too email them too me. I have had quite a bit of luck doing it this way, and also avoiding giving ebay anything other than the initial listing fee.

In my experience in Ebay, I think BINs normally intimidate the buyer. They feel more comfortable in an auction format starting at 99cents. I've made more in auction format then BIN but people use BIN hoping to sell quicker. With auctions you just need to be patient and you'll make just as much as BIN and sometimes even more.

Every now and then you can nab a great piece with BIN. I picked up a very nice FPS for a fraction of what it's worth because I was the first guy to pull the trigger. My inbox was lighting up immediately after that. (This was back before eBay blocked all the IDs and we knew who was bidding on what. ;) )