• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did this go for the right price on Ebay? USA 11

46 posts in this topic

went cheap...if I had of seen the auction, would have gone for much more

Can I ask why? I was watching that auction closely. The condition wasn't atrocious considering just the scan, but it was obviously not high-grade and most likely low to low-mid-grade considering the damage in the ULC. Guide is somewhere around 200 bucks in 2.0 I believe. (This was PROBABLY better than that, but not by a ton.) This book was not a key and according to the guide just about the cheapest of that run. I realize Timely's bring a premium over guide. But I just don't get it, what was so special about it?

This book always sells for multiples of guide. Two reasons: 1. It's a Timely...thus high demand with limited supply. 2. It has a female bondage/torture cover thus adding to it's already high demand. Some similar examples would be Captain America #46 or Human Torch #12 &13. Those books can never be bought any where need guide price.

This book always sells for multiples of guide. Two reasons: 1. It's a Timely...thus high demand with limited supply. 2. It has a female bondage/torture cover thus adding to it's already high demand. Some similar examples would be Captain America #46 or Human Torch #12 &13. Those books can never be bought any where need guide price.

3. VERY, VERY rare for a timely. second to last book i needed on the global timely/atlas s'hero appearance run, and it wasn't as if i was holding out for a high grade copy.

Interesting. The picture was that was posted on the auction listing even when enlarged you couldn't see much detail, but Overstreet doesn't denote this book as anything special, quite the opposite. I don't have it in front of me, but I believe, this one and several others late in the run are all noted as the lowest valued in the run. Sounds like the overstreet advisers maybe dropped the ball on this one? Anyway, as a noob GA collector, I appreciate the insight. I just haven't been in the GA market long enough to recognize these nuances.

3. VERY, VERY rare for a timely. second to last book i needed on the global timely/atlas s'hero appearance run, and it wasn't as if i was holding out for a high grade copy.

the rarity factor

And by the way, just let me say WOW to that statement. That is very impressive. Most people think that if you have a lot of money, that you can assemble any kind of comic run you want. And that may be true for Moderns and SA, but even as a newer GA collector, even I know that is a SIGNIFICANT accomplishment. :golfclap:

Far and away the toughest of the run. According to Billy Parker and the CGC census it is one of the toughest Timely books period.

Far and away the toughest of the run. According to Billy Parker and the CGC census it is one of the toughest Timely books period.
I concur too...not that is matters lol

That is so true however, this year if you had the money you could get pretty much any book you ever wanted because there has been so much on the market.
very true

Here is a good scan of USA 11.

This copy sold for almost 1800 in 2008.

Advertised as a FINE MINUS with a then guide value of close to 600

usa11.jpg

believe I was underbidder on that heritage copy (shrug)

If for sale, this would go for much more than triple guide...

usa11.jpg

I usually have a pretty good memory of when and where I acquired stuff.

But I have absolutely no idea where I got this. I do know that I got it sometime in the late '90s.

I didn't even know it was a pedigree until one of the geeks pointed it out to me.

If for sale, this would go for much more than triple guide...

usa11.jpg

I usually have a pretty good memory of when and where I acquired stuff.

But I have absolutely no idea where I got this. I do know that I got it sometime in the late '90s.

I didn't even know it was a pedigree until one of the geeks pointed it out to me.

I will give you 3.25x guide right now...take it or leave it mister!