• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too Many Forum Scams for Me!

355 posts in this topic

but don't act like a person_without_enough_empathy and throw up this sort of passive-aggressive whining about how your delicate sensibilities are too badly injured to ever go on

So I am NOT allowed to be a bit morally outraged at the type of :censored: that's been going on here lately? To tell the truth, when I read what CS pulled, with backup evidence from Filter... and THEN saw a forum member trying to RESELL these same boxes, it made my physically sick. I literally couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I admit I have pretty high ethical standards, especially when it comes to monetary transactions, and I cannot expect everyone to follow my lead when conducting business on here, but all this is way overboard.

Moral outrage is fine. I'm a big believer in moral outrage.

Just don't make the "penalty" be along the lines of "I can't stand being amongst you whilst these crimes against humanity are perpetuated."

There's no way we're going to be able to have a 100% scam-free marketplace. Not possible.

Best thing to do is scream from the rafters when there's something to scream about, like badly pressed books sold without disclosure, bait-and-switch sales, etc, only without the personal drama.

I for one appreciate your willingness to call a scammer a scammer.

Who is scamming whom? I haven't seen anything recently. Not saying it isn't happening, but just haven't seen it. (shrug)

Someone purchased many long boxes of books that were clearly identified as low grade and water damaged with multiple copies of each issue. Then he flipped them on here listed as higher grade, no more than 5 copies of a given book, when asked if there were any water damaged books ahead of time he stated NO.

Not to mention that he cherry-picked all the boxes, using those funds to pay off the purchase, then repacked up the remainder (at a $50 premium over his per-box cost) and sold those off as "unsearched" and "the same as I received them from Filter81".

(thumbs u reading the thread now. thanks.

Who is scamming whom? I haven't seen anything recently. Not saying it isn't happening, but just haven't seen it. (shrug)

Read back over the last couple of hundred pages in the Probation Thread. it covers the last month or so.

I for one appreciate your willingness to call a scammer a scammer.

Exactly!

This was a real eye-opener and shows someone that didn't think their scam through and how it would backfire and hurt them long-term.

Good for us all they were - hate to use this word - "stupid!"

The Scam

Read back over the last couple of hundred pages in the Probation Thread. it covers the last month week or so.

(thumbs u

Another "one more chance and then I AM OUTTA HERE" thread from Joe_Collector.

Aren't you tired of announcing your intentions every six months?

Just go if you're going to go. I personally would not want to see you go, but don't act like a person_without_enough_empathy and throw up this sort of passive-aggressive whining about how your delicate sensibilities are too badly injured to ever go on

Cue "Gone With The Wind"....

Rhett, Rhett... Rhett, if you go, where shall I go? What shall I do?

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

:applause:

I have to see that flick again. I've only seen it once and that was about 6 or 7years ago.

but don't act like a person_without_enough_empathy and throw up this sort of passive-aggressive whining about how your delicate sensibilities are too badly injured to ever go on

So I am NOT allowed to be a bit morally outraged at the type of :censored: that's been going on here lately? To tell the truth, when I read what CS pulled, with backup evidence from Filter... and THEN saw a forum member trying to RESELL these same boxes, it made my physically sick. I literally couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I admit I have pretty high ethical standards, especially when it comes to monetary transactions, and I cannot expect everyone to follow my lead when conducting business on here, but all this is way overboard.

Sure, moral outrage is all fine & good - it's your high school drama queen "if this blatant scamming continues, I can't see a reason to be part of this community any longer" attitude that's a bit ridiculous.

What kind of response did you seriously expect? That the scammers would be so concerned about driving away the 30k+ posts king of geeks that they would come forward, ask forgiveness & promise never to do evil deeds again?

Be concerned - be mad (I know I am!) - hell, be physically ill for all that I care - threatening to leave this board, however, earns nothing but a big fat meh

Just don't make the "penalty" be along the lines of "I can't stand being amongst you whilst these crimes against humanity are perpetuated."

That was not my intent, especially as few would view my departure as a "penalty" - I just honestly don't want to wake up everyday to a brand new forum scam.

It's disheartening and depressing, and I can get enough of that on the news.

Read back over the last couple of hundred pages in the Probation Thread. it covers the last month or so.

It all boils down to knowing who you are buying from, what you are buying and if it sounds too good to be true, then it is.

I'm not saying mistakes don't happen, they do. However, they get worked out amicably 98% of the time. Compare those odds to eBay. It always seems easier to remember the bad and forget the good.

Another "one more chance and then I AM OUTTA HERE" thread from Joe_Collector.

Aren't you tired of announcing your intentions every six months?

Just go if you're going to go. I personally would not want to see you go, but don't act like a person_without_enough_empathy and throw up this sort of passive-aggressive whining about how your delicate sensibilities are too badly injured to ever go on

Cue "Gone With The Wind"....

Rhett, Rhett... Rhett, if you go, where shall I go? What shall I do?

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Rhett returned 3 minutes later and said...."I forgot my hat".

And while we're all jumping on CS, let's not forget this little class act:
He needs a haircut. I know I'm old fashioned but come on....

Sounds like a job for someone mild mannered. :whistle:

You're gonna need a bigger bowl!

Dude, his hair looks like the hair on your mascot. Long haired freaks. The lot of them should be done away with.

:sumo:

Dude, his hair looks like the hair on your mascot. Long haired freaks. The lot of them should be done away with.

:sumo:

I like your long hair. I like long hair as much as a crewcut.

But the Moe Howard look is lame.

There have been a lot of scams. And scams suck. But most of the time it is on deals where the buyer is betting on the come. Not to say the buyers deserve to be scammed, because they don't. But "unsearched" longbox lots and HG Copper for a quarter screams "watch out!"