• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too Many Forum Scams for Me!

355 posts in this topic

I'm not sure post count would do anything, some people post a zillion times, and some of the nicest, most reliable people you could ever deal with, post very seldom.

Sharon, I have to agree with you. Potentially using post count to identify those that are ready to sell or buy may not work.

We had a seller on here last night I NEVER thought I'd see try something that was very bothersome.

He tried to sell a book on eBay that then it appears he was not happy with the final sales price. A fellow board member wins the book, and then he tells the buyer the book is gone (?) so he can't sell it to him.

Last night he posts the same exact book, same exact eBay photo, boosts the price up $20 higher than the final eBay sales price, and then kicks the raw grade up one level (eBay listing was 9.6; Forum listing was 9.8). What he failed to realize is the original eBay winner was watching his thread.

This seller has well over 4,000 posts, and been on here for quite a while.

Could do with some PM info there me old matey!

I'm not sure post count would do anything, some people post a zillion times, and some of the nicest, most reliable people you could ever deal with, post very seldom.

Sharon, I have to agree with you. Potentially using post count to identify those that are ready to sell or buy may not work.

We had a seller on here last night I NEVER thought I'd see try something that was very bothersome.

He tried to sell a book on eBay that then it appears he was not happy with the final sales price. A fellow board member wins the book, and then he tells the buyer the book is gone (?) so he can't sell it to him.

Last night he posts the same exact book, same exact eBay photo, boosts the price up $20 higher than the final eBay sales price, and then kicks the raw grade up one level (eBay listing was 9.6; Forum listing was 9.8). What he failed to realize is the original eBay winner was watching his thread.

+1

I'd appreciate a PM also.

this is disturbing as well if true, i've dealt with him before, nice guy but there was a minor shipping issue that was resolved. but this is kind of shocking that he did that. not so much the $$ bump, but the bump in grade.

j

More often, you'll get guys who either just can't grade, who can't stand the thought of leaving a dime on the table, who aren't prepared to sell one book much less twenty, who are straight-up dumb f***s or who demonstrate two or more of the above qualities.

yep (thumbs u

Richard!

Missed you in Charlotte. You picked the wrong Con, man! :baiting:

Oh Jeez! Out the guy already. Don't play the "I know something you don't know" card. :sumo:

I swear this place is like Romper Room, sometimes. :frustrated:

It's PhiGam.

For G-d's sake, people

(thumbs u

Who qualifies as this week's 'Utter Tosser'. His PM threats to Bosco also short-list him for the annual 'Internet Hard Man' award, the yearly trophy contested by mental midgets and bed-wetters the world over. (thumbs u

It's PhiGam.

For G-d's sake, people

(thumbs u

Who qualifies as this week's 'Utter Tosser'. His PM threats to Bosco also short-list him for the annual 'Internet Hard Man' award, the yearly trophy contested by mental midgets and bed-wetters the world over. (thumbs u

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: