• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pep Comics #36 on ebay - a warning!

6 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200353742193

Asked the seller about the paper quality and if the centerfold was detached, to which he replied:

"Dear archiecomics4me,

The paper is a little brittle, i dont see a centerfold in the book.

-foerdeals"

I said Thanks, I'm not interested in the book then, but you should probably update the item description.

Which he hasn't.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Shawn

Asked the seller about the paper quality and if the centerfold was detached, to which he replied:

"Dear archiecomics4me,

-foerdeals"

I said Thanks, I'm not interested in the book then, but you should probably update the item description.

Which he hasn't.

Shawn

It sounds like the guy may not know what a centerfold is. When you use that word with people outside the comic community, they usually think you mean a poster.

"Dear archiecomics4me,

-foerdeals"

Which he hasn't.

Shawn

It sounds like the guy may not know what a centerfold is. When you use that word with people outside the comic community, they usually think you mean a poster.

It's possible that you're right. I still think I'd have mentioned the "little brittle" on the paper though....

If you look at the items he usually sells it's obvious he isn't a comic book person. He does state in the description that the book is complete. I think it's likely that he thought a centerfold was a fold-out. It's also quite possible that he doesn't really know what brittle pages are, but when asked directly about it he said it was a "little brittle" just to cover himself. I don't see anything in the photo that would indicate brittle pages. (Chips, splits, crumbs, etc.) Admittedly, brittleness isn't always apparent in a photo.

Believe it or not, there are many, many people who sell comic books on eBay who are not involved with the hobby and who aren't the least bit familiar with the proper terminology. It doesn't necessarily mean they are shady.