• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

This outing is pointless as the buyer paid you. Paypal sends you an automatic payment notification. The only thing he has a gripe about is poor communication.

Now on the other hand, the buyer has a real gripe in this case as he has been waiting way too long to receive product.

I agree

I never PM or email that I sent a payment, that's ebay/paypal's job. If I had everyone pay within 6 days, I would be the happiest boardie on the block.

I very rarely check my daily/weekly Paypal activity(unless I need to hit the ATM to finance a quick trip to my crack dealer), if I notice a non-payment and haven't seen an email I then check the Payments Received search. I do get payments where I don't get email confirmation but reserve wigging out until I check thoroughly to avoid embarassing inquiries of non-payments.

Isn't the email from paypal sufficient proof of payment?

On more than one occasion that email never showed up for me as a seller.

:tonofbricks:

Oh that sucks. By the way, I'm still waiting for your payment Aces... it has been 4 months!

:jokealert:

This is ridiculous. After a week, payment was sent. The money is in the Paypal account.

Claiming to not know who sends you money verges on negligence or incompetence.

At the very least, logging into Paypal will show you a Shipping button for that transaction which indicates that action needs to be taken BY THE SELLER.

Despite the emails or lack of them, money changed hands and the seller was obligated to ship the product in a timely fashion.

...is right.

There needs to be a public apology here from the seller. It's the only thing that's appropriate. (thumbs u

100% correct.

Oh that sucks. By the way, I'm still waiting for your payment Aces... it has been 4 months!

:jokealert:

I'm waiting for the Canuck dollar to crash.

This is ridiculous. After a week, payment was sent. The money is in the Paypal account.

Claiming to not know who sends you money verges on negligence or incompetence.

At the very least, logging into Paypal will show you a Shipping button for that transaction which indicates that action needs to be taken BY THE SELLER.

Despite the emails or lack of them, money changed hands and the seller was obligated to ship the product in a timely fashion.

...is right.

There needs to be a public apology here from the seller. It's the only thing that's appropriate. (thumbs u

100% correct.

SZ,

The primary responsibility of the buyer is to pay.

The primary responsibility of the seller is to ship after receiving payment.

It's not the buyer's responsibility to make sure that the seller is organized enough to realize that he/she has been paid.

Furthermore, before you publicly accuse someone of non-payment, you ABSOLUTELY should have checked and rechecked your Paypal log.

I'm sorry, but if you want to be a seller here, there are certain responsibilities. The best thing would be an apology.

CG

It freakin' kills me how there can still be discussion on this issue 3 pages after what I posted . . . :insane: Move along, nothing to see here lol

I am sorry about this argument on a public post. I have felt the need to defend myself, and also let it be known that if you are going to deal with this guy dont expect a pleasent experience.

SZ - I don't get it. He paid for the books in July right? hm You haven't shipped them yet. hm hm Your mad at him because he didn't tell you the money was already in your PayPal account? :insane: I don't care how many books you sell, you should know when someone pays you that the obligation shifts to you as seller to complete the transaction. :makepoint:

hm it seems that confusion has arose.. My gripe was not with the non payment, my gripe was with the lack of communication, After trying to communicate with him twice and then three weeks of nothing i considered the sale dead and moved on. Then i recieve a message from him bad mouthing me as a seller. This was a surprise to me and I responded telling him he had not tried to communicate with me at all, he then said he wanted a refund.

I did not think this was fair but i have refunded his money already, I stated this on the board so that no one else would have an experience like this if they wanted to avoid it. I said nothing about his non-payment.

One of my main problems with him though was that while he was ignoring my messages he was posting sales of his own, then he claimed he worked so much he didnt have time to respond. Which is clearly a lie.

So yeah my gripe wasn't trying to come across as a non paying buyer, i was trying to re-tell a bad experience i have.

I understand the sides saying it is my duty as a seller to check my paypal diligently, but because of the lack of communication, including a message i sent asking what was going on, i figured the sale was dead.

Edited by SpideyZombie

One of my main problems with him though was that while he was ignoring my messages he was posting sales of his own, then he claimed he worked so much he didnt have time to respond. Which is clearly a lie.

So yeah my gripe wasn't trying to come across as a non paying buyer, i was trying to re-tell a bad experience i have.

I understand the sides saying it is my duty as a seller to check my paypal diligently, but because of the lack of communication, including a message i sent asking what was going on, i figured the sale was dead.

(1) Never, ever assume.

(2) It is entirely inappropriate to post the guy's name here for simply not answering a PM. This is for people who don't pay, or don't ship, who have basically reneged or stolen. He has done neither...not even close.

(3) Apologise to the guy publicly and move on.