• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

This is ridiculous. After a week, payment was sent. The money is in the Paypal account.

Claiming to not know who sends you money verges on negligence or incompetence.

At the very least, logging into Paypal will show you a Shipping button for that transaction which indicates that action needs to be taken BY THE SELLER.

Despite the emails or lack of them, money changed hands and the seller was obligated to ship the product in a timely fashion.

Yup. Time for the kiddies to go to bed.

This is ridiculous. After a week, payment was sent. The money is in the Paypal account.

At the very least, logging into Paypal will show you a Shipping button for that transaction which indicates that action needs to be taken BY THE SELLER.

Despite the emails or lack of them, money changed hands and the seller was obligated to ship the product in a timely fashion.

...is right.

There needs to be a public apology here from the seller. It's the only thing that's appropriate. (thumbs u

I might not get all the facts in this case, but I think your both slightly at

fault. Sorry guys. :sorry:

First as the seller SZ shouldn't you be a bit more organized and recognize

his payment was sent and the e-mail that paypal sends. (shrug)

And also UB I know it isn't necessary to send a PM when you send a

paypal payment but I always do just to make sure the seller recognizes

it and I never know how many other sales the seller might have going on

through e-bay and on the boards. I figure good polite communication

either on e-bay or on the boards always helps a bad situation or can

prevent one.

After a few days when SZ thought he still hadn't been paid wouldn't a polite

PM resolved this easily and it shouldn't have lead to this. (shrug)

Just my humble opinion and I hope it all works out for your guys and you

can be friends in the end. :wishluck: Remember we're here to have fun. (thumbs u

fay :foryou:

Fay is right.

...is right.

There needs to be a public apology here from the seller. It's the only thing that's appropriate. (thumbs u

Although normally I would agree I did have one instance where a paypal notification did not show up in my email inbox (and this is how many of us register payment) and so I had been waiting payment for a week while it was sitting in my paypal account.

R.

Although the majority of times I do get an email from Paypal showing new funds have entered my account, sometimes that email never comes. I've had this happen to me probably 4 times. As the seller, I probably wouldn't dig through my Paypal invoices right away, but I would send another reminder to the buyer regarding payment. That should have cleared things up right away. I see this as SZ's fault, unfortunately, but I believe Uber should have replied to SZ's PM (3 days after he agreed to buy the items). After this, I believe Uber will send friendly PM's or emails stating how his payment has been sent or is coming shortly. This is something that never should have happened, and could have easily been avoided.

First apologize and then probably never deal with each other again.

Andy

This outing is pointless as the buyer paid you. Paypal sends you an automatic payment notification. The only thing he has a gripe about is poor communication.

Now on the other hand, the buyer has a real gripe in this case as he has been waiting way too long to receive product.

...is right.

It is hard to argue with the boards' biggest seller of late and Nick, how you

keep track of payments received when buyers are running tabs and books

shipped is truly amazing. (worship)

I can get confused selling six items on e-bay. :juggle:

:hi::foryou:

...is right.

It is hard to argue with the boards' biggest seller of late and Nick, how you

keep track of payments received when buyers are running tabs and books

shipped is truly amazing. (worship)

I can get confused selling six items on e-bay. :juggle:

:hi::foryou:

:gossip: Excel sheet.

A ing huge Excel sheet.

Buyer = how hard is it to post a PM saying " You've got cash" ???... (shrug)

Seller = how hard is it to look at "Payments Recieved" on Paypal... (shrug)

Both of you guys need to kiss and make up and go to a neutral corner since you both are equally at "fault" here... 2c

For future reference I will check my paypal when i have not recieved payment. I never received a notice from paypal in my email and never got a message back from him till 3 weeks later.

I have already refunded the sellers money, but I don't see how all the blame can fall on me. I never recieved notice of payment and had over 30 payments in 3 days on paypal. Money had exchanged hands, but am i suppose to go through each of my paypal transactions when ebay tells me who has paid me.

I will not do any business with him in the future, and I was trying to let it be known that if communication with a buyer is something you seek than dont look for it there.

One other thing - when you pay someone through Paypal, make sure you check the "goods" button, as this includes your shipping address with the payment. If you check "service", then no address is sent.

I had a couple instances with board books where I checked "service" because I didn't think Paypal needed to know what I was doing. Anyway, the board members never got my shipping address with the payment, and shipping of the books was delayed.

Now, I make sure I check "goods" with Paypal, and follow up with a PM to the seller that tells him or her that I paid through Paypal, and I also include my address in that PM - double coverage never hurts.

About 5% of the time I don't get the emails from Paypal, eBay, etc., that I made payment, got paid, won an auction, etc.

I don't know about you guys...but I check my paypal at least once every two days if I'm selling stuff...and I try to stay on top of my purchases with other board members on a fairly regular basis.

Especially if it's a big purchase.

Case in point, Chris of comic4fun.

I've got a big purchase with Chris that he's been allowing me to pay off in 3 easy payments, the biggest of which came first...and I've tried to give him updates on the balance both before and after it comes.

If I'm paying via a check as opposed to paypal, I try to let the seller know what's going on.

And while I'm at it, I want to thank ALL the sellers on this board who have continued to work with me on payments for big purchases. I've met several of you at dinners over the years, and I still say...the forum dinners and meeting you guys continues to be the best and most looked forward to of every convention I attend.

Paypal doesn't always send an e-mail, but that's no excuse for not following up with your transactions.

Edited by Rich_Henn

but I don't see how all the blame can fall on me.

I don't think "blame" is the proper word here...I would say that both of you were equally at "fault" here but it's not to a world ending degree...chalk it up to a learning experiance... (thumbs u

I don't think "blame" is the proper word here...I would say that both of you were equally at "fault" here but it's not to a world ending degree...chalk it up to a learning experiance... (thumbs u

:golfclap:

I can live with that.

Sorry for the commotion on the board

Edited by SpideyZombie

I can live with that.

Paypal has an easy way to sort, payments received. Sometimes, checks clear later and the payment doesn't show on the first page, if you run 30 auction payments, you might have missed the payment on the first page. If you do a sort of past payments, then payments received, you will see a shipping button for every transaction that you have not printed postage. It's a great way to keep track, but you have to do this several times a week. Lots of times, spam filters keep the emails at bay...I don't email people when I pay them, I figure the Paypay notice is enough, and I thank them in a note on the notice, however, I DO email people when I receive payments, just so THEY know, it got here, so I check all the time. It's just a few extra steps, and I think it might make the 30 auctions, easier to handle, good luck...

I have always used ebays features to tell me when a seller has paid because i only use paypal. And for board members i have never had a problem with communicating with them about payment, so I have never really had to use paypal to sort payments. In the future though when i recieve no notification I will check paypal.

I don't know about you guys...but I check my paypal at least once every two days if I'm selling stuff...and I try to stay on top of my purchases with other board members on a fairly regular basis.

Especially if it's a big purchase.

Case in point, Chris of comic4fun.

I've got a big purchase with Chris that he's been allowing me to pay off in 3 easy payments, the biggest of which came first...and I've tried to give him updates on the balance both before and after it comes.

If I'm paying via a check as opposed to paypal, I try to let the seller know what's going on.

And while I'm at it, I want to thank ALL the sellers on this board who have continued to work with me on payments for big purchases. I've met several of you at dinners over the years, and I still say...the forum dinners and meeting you guys continues to be the best and most looked forward to of every convention I attend.

Paypal doesn't always send an e-mail, but that's no excuse for not following up with your transactions.

Rich has been... like.... my bestest penpal...like....ever.... :foryou:

I get PM's from him all the time keeping me updated.

When two people stay in contact, out of courtesy, it alleviates alot of potential stress.

Rich handles himself like a pro, if only everyone else was like that too.

Best,

Chris