• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Sigh, a bunch of dorks complaining.

All Hail the Dork OverLord! :hail:

Not just the Dork Overlord, but the Prime Minister of Suckage as well!

:hail:

One of my main problems with him though was that while he was ignoring my messages he was posting sales of his own, then he claimed he worked so much he didnt have time to respond. Which is clearly a lie.

So yeah my gripe wasn't trying to come across as a non paying buyer, i was trying to re-tell a bad experience i have.

I understand the sides saying it is my duty as a seller to check my paypal diligently, but because of the lack of communication, including a message i sent asking what was going on, i figured the sale was dead.

(1) Never, ever assume.

(2) It is entirely inappropriate to post the guy's name here for simply not answering a PM. This is for people who don't pay, or don't ship, who have basically reneged or stolen. He has done neither...not even close.

(3) Apologise to the guy publicly and move on.

I agree!

With everyone!

About everything!

Next case.

One of my main problems with him though was that while he was ignoring my messages he was posting sales of his own, then he claimed he worked so much he didnt have time to respond. Which is clearly a lie.

So yeah my gripe wasn't trying to come across as a non paying buyer, i was trying to re-tell a bad experience i have.

I understand the sides saying it is my duty as a seller to check my paypal diligently, but because of the lack of communication, including a message i sent asking what was going on, i figured the sale was dead.

(1) Never, ever assume.

(2) It is entirely inappropriate to post the guy's name here for simply not answering a PM. This is for people who don't pay, or don't ship, who have basically reneged or stolen. He has done neither...not even close.

(3) Apologise to the guy publicly and move on.

I agree!

With everyone!

About everything!

Next case.

Hey, maybe you can get into an argument with greggy? :grin:

I would like to add SpiderJay300. He posts an :takeit: and THEN sends a PM wanting a discount AND free international shipping AFTER he hit the BIN only to back out doh!

would like to reply... The seller expects me to pay 38$ for books then tells me shipping is 12$ for 6 weeks or 25$ for a 1 week shipping..I asked for a discount on shipping basically which was a evident miscommunication , since the seller is so hard headed to realize what I was asking!), and then A quick sorry for the inconvenience (said on my part) and it isnt good enough for this prima donna.. talk about RUDE.. probably the most RUDE person I have dealt with on this site.. which for the most part is filled with VERY nice people.

I would like to add SpiderJay300. He posts an :takeit: and THEN sends a PM wanting a discount AND free international shipping AFTER he hit the BIN only to back out doh!

would like to reply... The seller expect me to buy 35$ for books then tells me shipping is 12$ for 6 weeks or 25$ for a 1 week shipping.. miscumaction, and then A quick sorry for the inconvionce (said on my part) and it isnt good enough for this prima donna.. talk about RUDE.. probably the most RUDE person I have dealt with on this site.. which for the most part is filled with VERY nice people.

You hit the BIN on a lot worth $38 dollars and then PM me telling me you want it for $35 shipped. The lot included 7 comics and 3 DVD's. You want to do a deal then PM first, that's how it works around here.

I told you shipping would be $12 surface or $22 airmail and i would cover the rest. Shipping is clearly stated and the beginning of the auction. Don't derail someone's thread with your BS, i even had someone say they were confused because you hit the BIN on some books that they might have wanted.

Just putting this out there, but I just completed a deal with Anfield who sold me some books. I told him it was a rush, and he had the books to me in 3 days. It only cost exactly what it cost him for shipping as well.

And frankly, he is very professional.

Edited by AlexH

I miscalculation the prices of the total books I wanted (all of which were under 6$) and ask for it shipped for that price.. not realizing you where out of country (you know..negotiating). but then heard the insanely HIGH shipping prices.. which then I said I was sorry for the inconvenience, which evidently wasn't good enough.. Then you go bonzo and post our convo on 2 different threads.. you my friend are VERY RUDE! and should not have the need to get so excited so quickly, I know you want to dump these books real bad.. but you need to state ABSOLUTLY NO NEGOTIATING, or state that the price is FIRM + SHIPPING otherwise some will try to work out deals on larger lots... I have dealt with UK people before and there shipping was MUCH cheaper.. or at least they worked something out.. anyways.. I am done with you and your petty nonsense.. getting so upset within a matter of 10 mins.. plain ol' stupid!..you make it seem like we have been going on about this for a few days! when in reality its just a few mins! IF that.. anyways.. take care

Just putting this out there, but I just completed a deal with Anfield who sold me some books. I told him it was a rush, and he had the books to me in 3 days. It only cost $12 as well.

good to hear.. he says to me its $20+ for 1 week ot 12$ for 6 weeks.. but I am sorry to say.. he is ANYTHING but professional... (professional is being about to deal with different situations AS a professional.. what he just did with me.. in a matter of 10 mins was VERY childish)

Just putting this out there, but I just completed a deal with Anfield who sold me some books. I told him it was a rush, and he had the books to me in 3 days. It only cost $12 as well.

good to hear.. he says to me its $20+ for 1 week ot 12$ for 6 weeks.. but I am sorry to say.. he is ANYTHING but professional... (professional is being about to deal with different situations AS a professional.. what he just did with me.. in a matter of 10 mins was VERY childish)

Perhaps next time you should contact the buyer first and ask the shipping costs. Not trying to take sides, but it seems like that would have prevented the problem.

Perhaps next time you should contact the buyer first and ask the shipping costs. Not trying to take sides, but it seems like that would have prevented the problem.

absolutely. and I said RIGHT AWAY I was sorry for the miscommunication.. which wasnt good enough. he had to INSTANTLY post this nonsense on this thread, and get all excited over nothing.. almost as if I said something about his mother... the guy is very UN professional with the way he is going about this.. but i am glad to hear that it worked out for you.. and for the most part everyone I dealt with on this site and talked to has been very nice.. to tell you the truth.. he is the 1st person I had to deal which was so insanely rude , and so quick about it too! I mean it should take a little time (back and fouth arguing) to get that upset.. but this guy came at me with both barrells within a few seconds!! Basically before I even replied to his antics!.. yikes!

It has always been my understanding that :takeit: means it is a done deal. Not "I'll take it provided that you live in my country" or "I'll take it provided that I haven't forgotten that shipping is expensive." If you want to haggle, use a PM. Around here the :takeit: is a contract.

It has always been my understanding that :takeit: means it is a done deal. Not "I'll take it provided that you live in my country" or "I'll take it provided that I haven't forgotten that shipping is expensive." If you want to haggle, use a PM. Around here the :takeit: is a contract.

Thank you! Someone sees sense!! (worship)

That's the way it ought to be, but I have seen lots of folks posting like " :takeit: pending PM" lately, which I loosely interpret as "I'll take it pending your acceptance of my beat down on asking price or shipping." I think that's pretty darned rude, and as you say, oughta be done in a PM prior to ever using the :takeit:

That's the way it ought to be, but I have seen lots of folks posting like " :takeit: pending PM" lately, which I loosely interpret as "I'll take it pending your acceptance of my beat down on asking price or shipping." I think that's pretty darned rude, and as you say, oughta be done in a PM prior to ever using the :takeit:

I agree and the thing is that he didn't even say "pending PM" he said "per PM" which imply's that we had come to some agreement and he went ahead and bought the books when in fact i hadn't even seen his PM until an hour after he posted the :takeit: which might have caused me lost sales because someone else wanted the same books.

:takeit: means you are buying the books, end of story. I don't mind doing deals but to expect a $38 lot for $35 shipped when shipping is going to cost me over $20 (there were DVDs as well) is just plain rude and obnoxious.

How many days have passed since the :takeit: was posted?

It was all today. He has informed me he has no intention of paying so there is no reason to wait IMO.

45 seconds (in which we "discussed" the shipping, in which was too high then pulled back.. it all took a matter of AT MOST 2 mins.. a tad to fast to post this issue/BS on this thread...

45 seconds (in which we "discussed" the shipping, in which was too high then pulled back.. it all took a matter of AT MOST 2 mins.. a tad to fast to post this issue/BS on this thread...

1 hour and 4 minutes according to the PM's in which time you successfully derailed my thread that i spent all day posting and possibly lost me customers, thanks! (thumbs u

We also didn't "discuss" anything. You PRESUMED i would accept your derisory offer.